Saturday, December 15, 2007

I was tagged...


My friend Laura tagged me several days ago and I'm barely getting to this, sorry! This us back in the day of our Freshman year in high school. Most people would burn a picture like this, but I've chosen to save it and even frame it! I had a crush on Travis in the 9th grade, his feelings weren't mutual for obvious reasons, but I just love this picture because it's a reminder that you never know how things are going to turn out.
What is his name? Travis
How long have you been married? 7 years
How long did you date? We started dating the end of our Junior year in high school, so we dated for 5 1/2 years! I've known Travis since the 6th grade!
How old is he? 29. Yes, that's right, he married and older woman by 11 months!
Who eats more? Travis
Who said "I love you" first? Travis. He said it when we were sitting in the car and I didn't say anything back. I guess I had to play hard to get.
Who is taller? Travis
Who sings better? He'd say me, but that's a toss-up. Neither of us are stellar, but we can make some dang good harmonies. :)
Who is smarter? Travis. Although, I'd like to point out that I did get better grades than him in high school, except for one particular Algebra II test (we had math together every year from 7th grade thru 11th, by chance I might add). I'd also like to think that I'm smarter than him in a few areas.
Whose temper is worse? Unfortunately, mine. Travis doesn't let much get to him.
Who does the laundry? Me.
Who does the dishes? Me. But he's good about helping out.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Travis. I don't remember how that was determined, but it's always been that way.
Who pays the bills? Travis.
Who mows the lawn? Travis! The yard and garage are his domain. I don't think he would even trust me to mow the lawn--it's so nice.
Who cooks dinner? Mostly me, but if I can't do it he's a great cook and pull something together.
Who drives when you are together? Travis-always! I seriously think he doesn't trust me. I'd like to point out that I've never caused an accident or had a speeding ticket... hmm, hmm.
Who is more stubborn? Me.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Travis. He said I never admit when I'm wrong. That's because I never am!
Whose parents do you see the most? We don't live in the same state as our parents, but our parents do live in the same town. We tend to go on longer vactions with my parents, so we probably see them more.
Who proposed? Travis. He took me out to a nice brunch on Christmas eve day and proposed. I have to admit it wasn't a huge surprise.
Who has more friends? Me.
Who has more siblings? Travis.
Who wears the pants in the family?Travis probably won't like this, but I'd say me. That's just because I'm a planner and like things done a certain way and he's good about going with the flow. I married a great guy!
I tag Megan, Amy and Emily!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Yay Nicole! It was fun to read your responses. i can't believe Travis is only 29! I feel so old!

Laura said...

Holy Moly!!!! I wouldn't have even recognized you Nicole! How fun that you have a picture of you and your hubby in the 9th grade!

meg said...

Uh, that's a different Megan, right? I love that old picture of you guys!

Jaymie said...

That picture of you two is awesome!!! I would have framed it too!

Jennie said...

I love this! I am a "blog-stalker" now, but when I saw this pic it just brought me back to my 7th grade days. Ugh. Seriously, I was SO bad!!

Bybee family said...

Jennie, I'm so glad you checked in! We got your Christmas card today--so cute!
I seriously doubt that you looked dorkier than me in the 7th grade! Maybe everyone should post a picture of their "awkward" phase on their blog so we can all have a good laugh?! :)

Coombs Family said...

I love it! Too bad you aren't sitting in the Miata!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

YOU ARE THE WOMAN!!! I am so impressed with the picture. It totally cracked me up! How fun to see both of you together. He does have his arm around you...sure he wasn't already planning your future life together?