I know, Christmas seems like ages ago and secretly we're all glad it's over and probably don't want to relive it, even if it is fun. Once again, I don't have a great excuse for not posting any of our Christmas festivities except that 3 kids seems to keep me really busy. I've decided before I do any posts for the new year, I should completely wrap up 2009. I'm going to print all the posts I've made on our blog to make a family journal of sorts, and then I can move on and print another one in a few years. It makes me feel not so bad about being a flakey journler, which has also happened since having #3.


Almost forgot to post our annual Christmas card. This is the only somewhat creative thing I do each year so I have to document it!

Travis making his annual and dangerous climb on the roof to make our house look oh, so pretty.

Crab walk on the roof. I thought it was pretty smart of Travis to wrap the lights around his neck so he had his hands free to maneuver on the roof.

We enjoyed our Elf, Henry, staying with us for the month and hiding in crazy places each day. He gives us great leverage with the kids, I wish he could stay all year. It really is a fun tradition.

Sweet Luna Lou at 2 months.

Annual trip to Furrow Farms to cut down a tree. As you can see it was a beautiful sunny day and we had no problems finding the perfect tree.

The boys "helping" their dad cut down the tree.

Travis conquers the tree!

Carson is just so cute and enthusiastic about the holidays, which is mostly good and sometimes stressful, especially when it comes to fragile ornaments.:) We had a new outdoor/woodsy theme and he was really gung ho about helping me decorate. Sometimes I have to remind myself to just let it go!

Ta-dah! I thought the tree turned out pretty well, but Carson told me he likes our old decorations better, so maybe we'll alternate each year.

Snuggle time with daddy. She is such a good snuggler.


We had a little incident involving the shower and LOTS of water. Carson is becoming more independent and takes his own showers without any help from me. Admittedly, I sometimes let him stay in there awhile, as I did on this particular day because I was bathing Holden and trying to get their clothes laid out, Stella dressed, etc. However, when I walked into my bathroom I noticed there was lots of water seeping into the carpet in my bedroom, at least an inch of water over my entire bathroom floor, and I could see several inches in the shower. Turns out he had covered the drain and was trying to fill up the shower. I was NOT happy about this and sent him straight to his room. I called Travis, just to complain and let him know what HIS son had done. :) The picture above shows about how many towels I had to use to clean up the mess, excluding two bath mats and a few other towels.

Fortunately Travis knew to come home, because I would have never guessed that water would drain through an outlet downstairs. Yes, that's right, it drained through my favorite chandelier, the one that I really wanted, was lucky to get on a good deal and saved up for. When Travis took it out of the ceiling water just poured out and Holden asked, "Dad, why is it raining in our kitchen?" Surprisingly Carson didn't seem that upset about what had happened, until he saw that my light wouldn't work. Then he started feeling really bad because he knows how much I like it. When I called and told my parents about this my dad said kids do this, it seems like a good idea to them and fun. In fact he did the same thing when he was little. So, then I felt like a total ogre. A good opportunity to remind myself that people are more important than things, and fortunately there doesn't appear to be any water damage to our ceiling and my light still works.:)

I'm really loving all the cute little dresses, bloomers and tights. The first time I got to put tights on Luna for church was pretty darn fun.

We drove down Peacock Lane and enjoyed watching our nieces in the Nutcracker.

We spent Christmas eve with the Newsoms. For the pageant Holden was a sheep,

Carson a wiseman,

and Stella made her acting debut as the baby Jesus.

Matching pj's on Christmas eve.

Thanks to Mr. Hoffman, the boys are really into music. Carson asked Santa for a guitar and G.I. Joe stuff. He recieved lots of G.I. Joe things, which I think are as bad as Barbies as far as lots of little accessories; they're all over the place!


All Holden wanted was a drum set. He has been obsessed with the drums for at least 6 months. It was cute to see how excited he was. They definitely can get annoying, but we try to keep things under control by giving the drum sticks timeouts throughout the day. All the boys love the drum set, that includes dad, who has to be booted off by the kids.

Pure joy.

Stella's loot.
6 comments:
Isn't life crazy with three? I had NO idea... Looks like you guys are doing PLENTY! I know there are a lot of websites that'll print your blog and bind it so that you can have a journal in print, and they weren't too expensive. cutestblogontheblock.com does it too.
Stella is SO pretty! It looks like you really enjoyed Christmas. I was just SICK to my stomach reading about the water draining through your light fixture. You are a kinder mom than me. I think I would have sent Grant to military school. haha.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like life is speeding past. 3 kids DOES make a difference! Thanks for the update. It's fun to see what's been happening just a few feet behind us. :)
It looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas!!! I love seeing new pictures of stella! She seems so light coloring wise compared to Brinlee, she is beautiful!!! We heard about the shower mishap when your parents were in town! The things boys think of! haha when we left Andrew said that really sounds like something I would do haha I wish you guys lived closer so we could see you all, and meet Stella!!!
Yeah for the update! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. I'm so glad the light fixture works, that is so frustrating!
I just printed out my blog at blurb.com, it was easy (a bit time consuming but too bad) and only about $40. Your family is beautiful!
your kids are so cute. It's weird to see a girl in the mix! :)
Post a Comment