Thursday, December 29, 2011

Baptism

(This picture is out of order, but I somehow deleted it futher down in my post and I wasn't going to re do the whole thing!! I hate that you can plug in pictures where you want to! )

My parents gave Carson a really nice pocket knife with his name engraved on it for his baptism gift and with Scouts in mind. We talked about how careful he needed to be with it and to always have adult supervision. Well....later that night I found Travis' Kermit the Frog puppet, that's a keepsake of sorts with half of his arm cut off! Hmm....I wonder who could have done that?!! Travis' mom was staying with us and stitched the arm right up, but needless to say, we had to confiscate the pocket knife, and hopefully Carson learned his lesson.





I can't believe I have a child old enough to be baptized. It's pretty exciting. Carson was baptized the day after Thanksgiving and almost our entire family on both sides were here for the occasion. We were fortunate to be allowed to have our own baptism at a time when all of our family could be here, so the entire program was done by our family members.



Carson got a nice new suit and tie for his special day.
Stellie Stella helping Claire with the prelude music.
Both grandpa's gave great talks, we had lovely prayers by grandma's, a beautiful musical number by my sister in-law Kameron, and thanks to my talented nieces Grace and Claire for playing the piano.

I'm normally pretty good about taking pictures, but I guess I was too preoccupied this day because I didn't get pictures of my parents with Carson or any of the extended family.

I ordered sugar cookies in the shape of a number 8 from Evelyn's bakery. I ordered over 4 dozen and not a single one was left for me to try. Oh, well, they are the yummiest cookies around and Evelyn made them look sooo cute!
Bishop Haycock and Carson.
Bishop was kind to conduct Carson's baptism and his lovely wife Dixie came as well. We so appreciated their support.




He received a nice scripture case my sister and her family.
A new set of scriptures from mom and dad.
We're so proud of Carson and the decision he made to be baptized. It's one of those moments as a parent where you hope you've taught them correctly and helped them to understand the importance of the decision they're making. I'm not so sure we have, but we'll keep working on it.

2 comments:

Brittny said...

What a handsome young man!!! It was such a perfect day. We were so glad that we were able to be apart of it!

MiMi and PaPa T. said...

It was such a beautiful baptism! I can't believe Carson is 8! What a sweet boy he is.

Have you forgiven us yet for giving him the BS/CTR knife? I guess he didn't choose correctly:)