Sunday, November 4, 2007

Kauai Birthday Vacation

I recently turned the big 3-0!! Thirty used to seem so far away and I was sure that by the time I was 30 I'd be smarter, wiser, more organized and together--none of which has happened! Travis kindly told me that I'm now closer to my 40's than my 20's--thanks! As a special anniversary/birthday present we went to Kauai. My parents were great and came and stayed with the boys to spoil and love them to death. This was the first time that we left both of the boys overnight (usually we each have at least one of them with us). I didn't think it would be that difficult to leave until we left! On our flight to Hawaii Travis asked me if I was being so quiet because I was missing the boys and I started crying (ridiculous, I know)! I'm sure he thought, "Great! I'm spending all this money to take her a nice trip and she's crying!" We did have a nice time, but I think both of us couldn't relax as much as we thought we would because we did feel so far away and we'd never left the boys for that long. So, for our first trip away we probably should have stayed on the west coast and only left for a night or two. However, the trip made me realize even more how much I love my job as a mom to my two cute boys.

We had a beautiful view from our condo which was RIGHT on the beach!
Our condo.

Our ride that got us around the island.



We loved the shaved ice in Hawaii. We tried the rainbow flavored syrup with macademia nut ice cream, it was listed as a favorite and it didn't disappoint!

4 mile hike

We hiked two miles on the north shore of the island to see the Napali Coast. It took us an hour to hike each way!

My Birthday Dinner
We went to a nice Italian restaurant for my birthday dinner. Check out the beautiful presentation of my chocolate mousse

Waimea Canyon

They call this canyon the Grand Canyon of the Pacific. This picture doesn't do it justice


Napali Coast

1 comment:

Coombs Family said...

You are such a great mom! I'm glad you had so much fun on your trip.