
We decided to run in the Starlight Parade run this year. Believe it or not, this is the first time we've participated in the Rose Festival in the 9 years we've lived here...pretty sad. Travis and I weren't sure we wanted to do it because it's just a 5k, but when I found out it was a "fun run" with a theme and people dress-up, I thought we should try it. This year it was a 70s theme. This is my nephew and Travis sporting their 70s athletic attire. Scary!

Here the guys are showing us how short their shorts are! We found Travis' lovely shorts at Goodwill. Let me just say that Goodwill really isn't that great of a deal. I think you can find some things just as cheap at Target or Old Navy.

My lovely ensemble came from a good family friend. She was going to throw it away years ago, but I took it off her hands and I'm glad I hung onto it. I knew I'd have a need for it someday! :) It would take a lot of courage to workout in this outfit. I wore shorts over it, but back in the day they didn't! It could potentially be too much information! Anyway, the race was pretty crowded, but we had fun. The costume that won was a woman that ran barefoot and pregnant. She was 8 mos pregnant and only wore a sportsbra and shorts. Talk about brave!
7 comments:
That is hillarious! What a fun thing to do - I have to admit I'm impressed with your outfits and I know what you're talking about with your ensemble because I used to watch those Jane Fonda tapes my mom had when I was a little girl. Fun times!
You guys looked great! :)
Does Travis know this picture is up? Love it!
Oh yes, and I love that you guys considered it even though it was "just a 5k"! It is a fun run. I hope to do it next year!
No, Travis doesn't know this picture is up, but he ran in front of thousands of people in this lovely outfit,so...
Ashlee, you totally could have run the race this year. The run was really fun and I'm glad we did it. For some reason I've felt that if I have to pay money to run a race, it should be something I wouldn't normally do and tortuous! :) My feelings on this are definitely changing.
Seeing you in that outfit reminds me of the Halloween in hygiene school when you, di and shay were 80's aerobics girls! I love those pics!
Danielle, that was a fun Halloween! I was trying to remember what I wore then to help me come up with the outfit...I don't think I have any pics from that Halloween.
Post a Comment