Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!!

I know many of you have seen this picture before, but it's one of my favorites! It was taken the end of our Freshman year in science class. Someone randomly gave me this picture, years after it was taken, I don't even remember who it was, but I'm so grateful they did, because it documents the years of our friendship. I've known Travis since the 6th grade, but it wasn't until our 8th grade year and Freshman year that we became friends. We hung out with a group of friends and always had a great time. I had a crush on him, he liked my friend. :(
We started dating half way through our Junior year and our first official date/dance was the Winter Ball. When we had our senior pictures taken, we had some taken together....can you believe that?!! Of course it didnt' seem like a big deal at the time, but that was pretty brave of our parents and they must have been pretty supportive of our relationship. I look like I'm at least 30 in this picture and I was only 18. We dated for 5 years!! That's what happens when you meet eachother when you're too young to get married. I went to BYU my Freshman and Sophomore year and Travis went to what used to be known as Rick's College. Sorry to all you BYU Idaho fans, but Travis hated it there. He drove down to see me in Provo every weekend except for one! He had this 20 year old, 2 seater RX-7 with no power stearing, and it had a choke to get it started. He drove that thing in many blizzards to and from Provo--it's a miracle nothing happened! We finally got married in the Oakland Temple on August 4, 2000, after I graduated from a dental hygiene program.
We were able to go to Europe in February of 2003, it was such a memorable trip! I love this picture too because I was probably about 4weeks pregnant with Carson, but didn't know it yet.
Anyway, it's been 8 great years!! I am so lucky to have married my best friend. Travis is an exceptional father. He's a natural with kids and our boys think he is the best thing around. I still find that life is more fun when I'm with him. Happy anniversary, I love you!

9 comments:

Carol said...

Happy anniversary!

Those old photos are so great--you don't even look like yourself! And that was pretty bold to take those senior pics together.

Coombs Family said...

Happy Anniversary! We love you.

The Newsom Family said...

Happy Anniversary Trav & Nicole! Fun to reminisce with you through these pictures.

The Carter Family said...

Those pictures are great! It's so crazy to think you two have been married that long, and known eachother even longer! I too remember the times Trav. would come visit when you went to byu. and I remember the time when we went to the store to buy my stupid goldfish a bowl, and the checker thought I was your daughter, Travis just laughed, you cried the whole way to Doni and Papa's haha the whole time repeating "do I really look old enough to be her mom?!" I also remember when Trav' rescued me from the trap Doni put me in, in the twin bed, bedroom, of course he rescued me after having a good laugh haha love you guys!

Bybee family said...

Blakeley that's so funny! I'd forgotten about some of those things, they seem like ages ago! Good times, good times...

Cami and Mitch said...

congrats! I love all the pictures, how fun to take a Europe trip!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I absolutely love those pictures of when you were dating. Hilarious!! I hope you guys are having a great summer.

Ashlee said...

Ah, I thought of you all day that day after I saw it on my calendar. I hope you had a good one! Those pictures are way fun to look back on. You guys are lucky to have such a long history so you can laugh at all those high school pics together! Congrats on 8 good years!

Emily said...

What fun pictures! I remember some of the older ones from freshman year. Happy Anniversary:)

Emily