Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Carson had his first day of preschool on Friday, and the picture below clearly shows how he felt about it. Carson loves to be busy and have activities to look forward to. He asks me every morning, "Mom, what am I doing today?" This may sound strange, but I've felt a little sad this year as I've realized it's our last "free" or carefree school year. Even though next year is just kindergarten, I assume there's more expectations and criteria to be met. I don't like the fact that in a few years he'll be gone at school all day. It's been a reminder for me to make the most of my time with him, no matter how tired I am of hearing "I'm bored!" Anyway, we made a preschool change this year and he's going to Little Green Apple in the afternoons. I think it will be a really good fit for both of us. I'm looking forward to helping out in the class and Carson is already excited about the fieldtrips and I'm excited that I'll get to go with him. He also has 4 friends from church in his class.
Preschool is Cool!
Holden trying to copy some of Carson's poses.
I did nothing to encourage this picture - sometimes he frightens me. We're finally getting to use the cute backpack that Aunt Jill gave him a few years ago for Christmas.

Hanging up his bag (I was one of the only obnoxious moms taking pictures).
Teacher Theresa
Starting the day with some play-doh fun.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Those are some great pictures, Nicole! I especially love the one of Carson sticking his bum out, modeling the backpack!

I'm anxious to hear about your experience at Little Green Apple! I need to get Aidan on the waiting list for next year!

The Carter Family said...

Those are the CUTEST boys EVER!!!! I wish you guys lived closer!!

Ashlee said...

So cute. I wish we were with you guys this year. Ava keeps asking if Carson will be at school each day. I keep trying to tell her he won't be, it's a different school, but I think she's hoping. I'm glad you guys are liking it. I wish I could do afternoons- seems nice.
Very handsome pics, Carson! And the backpack is adorable!

Megan said...

Seriously the cutest boys ever!
I'm so bummed I missed hooking up with you at Swiss Days. It turned out to be an insanely crazy weekend.

Coombs Family said...

Love it! The picture of Holden is hilarious. It reminds me of when he walked into my front room with his guilty face. I love seeing Carsons classroom and how much he loves it.