I still can't believe it's September! August was so fun and busy for us that it seems to have only lasted a week. Here's what we did in August.
Enjoyed the Newsom's annual Garden Party with our family.
My pretty sister in-laws
We went to the zoo with all the cousins.
Holden turned 2 while we were in Sacramento, so we had a pool party and barbecue with our family to celebrate. My amazing and talented sister volunteered to make this cute beach ball cake. This is the first homemade cake I've ever had for one of my kids birthdays...sad!
Holden loves his dino from my aunt Kathy.
We had a beach party theme this year and these were the centerpieces. The starfish, shells, and fish are made out of chocolate. I even helped to make them! :) I'd actually never done that before, but I realized that it's pretty easy to pour melted chocolate into a mold!
We always have a pinata, and it seems that the adults enjoy it just as much as the kids. Aunt Brie and Travis both took turns finishing off the sun.
My sister made this cute rock family to tell us that she's expecting!! Yay, we're so excited! 28 years ago my mom actually made a very similar rock family to tell her parents that she was pregnant with Amy, so the tradition lives on. I however, did not know that this was the reason my mom made the rock family, so when Amy showed this to me I just said, "That's really great, good job!" I'm a total dork!
1 comment:
the cutest two year old boy ever!!!!
Post a Comment