Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Travis turns the Big 3-0!!!

Once again I'm behind in posting and thought I better post this before it's not September anymore. Travis turned the big 3-0 on September 10th and now we're the same age for 1 1/2 months...but I will always be the more mature one in our relationship. :)
I love this picture of Travis, isn't he adorable?! This is his kindergarten picture, so I would guess that he's about 5 years old here.

I couldn't decide what to do for Travis' b-day! Finally, 3 days before his birthday, I came up with the idea to go bowling--Travis loves to bowl. He actually took bowling as an elective when he was at Rick's College... strange elective! Thanks to Aunt Chris for watching the boys last minute so we could go out and celebrate. I should have taken a picture of the back of her shirt which said "Security", she said she likes to wear it when she babysits.
Thanks to recommendations from friends, we decided to go to a new place to us called Players. It's the nicest and cleanest bowling alley I've ever been to. It has a cool atmosphere with leather couches for seating, a nice restaurant area and your very own waitress.
We played girls against guys, and thanks to my poor bowling skills that night, we didn't even come close to their scores! The birthday boy is looking a little sleepy here! :)
We had a delicious ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins and one of his young men made the cute bowling design on the cake which unfortunately you can't see here. Happy Birthday Trav, I hope it's your best year yet!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my gosh! That picture of Travis when he was a kid looks EXACTLY like Carson!!! Holy crap! Happy Birthday Travis!

Laura said...

Wow! I wondered who Carson looked most like, and now it's obvious! Travis looks exactly like him!

Coombs Family said...

Happy Birthday Travis! Glad it was a fun one.

Brittny said...

that looks like so much fun! you are such a good wife!... good call with the ice cream cake:)