I know, it's been a long time since I've posted something. Nothing that interesting has been going on, just the struggle of trying to keep up with the day to day stuff. However, something "interesting" happened today and I thought it was blog worthy.
This month in preschool, Carson's class has been learning about their bodies. Today Carson brought home this outline of his body which he had colored and pasted different organs to. If you look closely at the picture, you will see something between the legs. I didn't want to make any assumptions, so I asked him what it was and he said " You know!" and pointed to that area of his body. I'm surprised he felt the need to be so thorough! I thought it was a pretty good drawing of "it" for a 5 year old. I wonder if the other kids were this thorough and if his teacher said anything about it. Yes, once again this is evidence of my boys obsession with their "units". Some of you may recall that we taught Carson the anatomically correct name for this part of his body and he said it anywhere and everywhere. It was most embarrassing! All I can say is thank goodness I learned my lesson with Carson, and taught Holden the word "unit". I kid you not, he says it several times during the day! I seriously do not understand my sons' obsession with it, I feel I have done nothing to encourage this! I'm doomed and blame their father. :)
Friday, January 23, 2009
Carson's Anatomy Drawing
WARNING! THIS POST CONTAINS POTTY TALK AND A PICTURE OF A SOMEWHAT GRAPHIC NATURE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love what preschool kids do, and whether they are boys or girls, I think everyone is intrigued by their anatomy and everyone else's. When Olivia was three, she announced in sacrament meeting that Jesus has a penis.
I love his picture! My poor girls would have no idea what it was and would assume he had just colored out side of the lines...
LOL, as a fellow mother of boys I know too well their obsession with their "units" ha, ha...that anatomy drawing is too funny.
That is really funny. Thanks for the good laugh!
Emily
That is just so funny...I can't believe I didn't notice that during class since I was right there!
Good for you for documenting the whole experience/obsession! I feel your pain---my boys are the same way. :-)
Nicole- I laughed SO hard. I don't know what's funnier-- the "unit" or the look on his face. Maybe it's a combination of both that made me laugh so hard!!!
candice
Post a Comment