Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Snowball and Scarves


Carson was of course very excited about the snow today. He played it in it for a while and after he came inside he said, "Do you think my snowball will last?" I assumed it was outside and told him it would melt later today when it rained. He then told me, "It's in the fridge." I never saw him bring in the snowball, but I looked in the fridge anyway and didn't see it, so I didn't give it more thought. Still concerned about the longevity of his snowball, Carson asked me again if it was going to last. I asked him where it was, and he assured me it was in the fridge. I had him show me where it was, and sure enough it was there on the second shelf way in the back. I thought it was pretty funny that he wanted to save the snowball so badly -it's still in the fridge. I guess he just couldn't bare to see it melt?


On another note, I bought a couple new scarves this year and I really only know one way to tie them (the last demo on the video). Since it was snowing and extremely cold today I wanted to wear a scarf, but was curious to see if I could learn some new tying options, so I decided to Google "how to tie a scarf. " I was was amazed at how many links there were! I know I'm late in discovering Google, but it's only recently that I've been using it, and now use it all the time. I love all the information you can find. Anyway, there was this great U-tube video where a stylist demonstrates 5 fun ways to tie a scarf. If you're interested, here's your style info for the day on how to spice up your scarf tying. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIHkeNcq2Wk


7 comments:

Ashlee said...

So cute. I love when they do fun things like that. I hope it lasts until his heart is content!

Fun scarf video! I always do it the last way- Kim taught me that, and well, it's easy! Good thing I have a sister whose cool, huh?

Liz said...

How sweet to save the snowball. I remember doing that when I was younger.

LOVED the scarf video. I was just thinking yesterday "How the heck do I tie this other ways?" I always just wrap it around my neck.

Clara said...

So did it keep? :)

Cool video! I always do it the last way as well - a trick I learned from the pros in Denmark :)

Coombs Family said...

I can't believe how much snow you have had this year! I love sweet little Carson.

Unknown said...

I learned how to tie a bow for my Christmas wreath using google and a you-tube video this year. It was great! Isn't it awesome how much you can do yourself if you can watch a little "how-to" video? Soooo cute about the snowball. Kids are hilarious!

The Carter Family said...

He's soooo cute!!!! Did it stay alive in your fridge? haha :) Isn't google great? I use it at least ten times a day haha and as for the scarfs (sp) I am not great at that fancy business, the only way I can figure them out is to wear them in my hair as a headband haha :)

Randomness said...

I think that scarves look great in the winter! There are too many people wear them in the summer and think they are cool when it looks really dumb. So i wrote about it here
http://www.whattodoabout.com/2009/03/09/what-to-do-about-wearing-scarves/