Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Festivities

The kids were really into Easter this year. Carson wanted the Star Wars decorating kit, so that's what we went with. Not our prettiest eggs, but the boys were happy.

We had to make our annual Easter bird nests. They're just made out of melted chocolate and chow mein noodles, we add some whoppers for bird eggs and top them off with peeps. It's nice that they're so easy to make and Carson loved assembling them.

With church at 9:00am we didn't have much time for Easter baskets, but the kids found them pretty quickly and had enough time to play with their new toys and eat several pieces of candy. In fact I've decided that the Easter bunny is not going to bring much candy at all next year. The Easter bunny didn't bring much this year, but between baskets from my mom and other family events we've had way too much candy! Travis and I have been bringing it to church activities and work, so we don't have much left, thank goodness!

The weather was pretty miserable, so the boys had to stay on the front porch to avoid the rain, and as usual, they weren't super cooperative. Unfortunately these are the best pictures I got and we didn't get a family picture.



After church I made another attempt to get some pictures, but as you can tell, they weren't in the mood. Oh, well. Love my sweet boys!

6 comments:

Clara said...

Those Star Wars eggs are awesome! :) And I love your bird nests, I've seen them done but never tried it. And your boys are adorable as always in their little suits! Sounds like you guys had a great Easter!

Kameron said...

Looks like fun! Shhhh - don't tell, but the Easter Bunny revisited our house today and secretly threw out ALL candy left over. Since I'm trying desperately to not eat sugar (just family dinner dessert on Sundays), I needed all the help I could get. I figured if they hadn't eaten it by now, they wouldn't miss it. So far, it's worked!

Jonna said...

What handsome boys! I'm so glad my family didn't know about the star wars decorating kit otherwise we definitely would have had to do that too!!

Coombs Family said...

The boys look so handsome in their suits! I feel your pain trying to get kids to cooperate for pictures. They never seem to be in the mood when they are actually dressed cute. The milk chocolate nests turned out great. We always do white chocolate but the brown looks great. I do love white chocolate though...

Megan said...

Looks like a fun Easter. The boys are getting so big and grown up.
Can you believe Ella and Carson will be in K next year? Crazy!

Chris and Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.