Saturday, April 4, 2009

March Madness...

I've obviously been terrible about updating my blog. Nothing much was going on, but early last month I got pretty sick and things got busy and I just never got around to posting anything. So here's what we were up to in March, with a little bit of February in there.

1. The last week in February my parents had a business trip in Vancouver B.C., so they came to stay with us for a few days and then we traveled up north with them. We spent one night in Seattle and enjoyed walking around Pike's Place.

This is our attempt at protecting our lovely hair from the rain.

Travis and me at Vancouver Harbor in Vancouver B.C. We had a great trip, it's always fun to be with my parents and the kids ate up every minute with them. This wasn't the best time to go to Vancouver, because it turns out it's a very touristy/seasonal place and most things aren't open until the summer. Unfortunately on the drive home, Holden suddenly started throwing up. I got to try to catch it in a bag, which I wasn't very successful with, so we found the nearest gas station and tried to clean Holden and the car as best we could. He threw-up 2 more times on the drive home. Love that throw-up in the car thing! I started getting sick a few days later, didn't get the throw up thing but had a really painful cough, no energy, it turned into a head cold and a week and a half later I still couldn't get rid of it and had to get an antibiotic. Later that same week Carson started with the 24 hour throw-up thing. Good times!

2. I finally finished my Pottery Barn wood art project, thanks to some help from Megan McMurdie! I asked Travis to make this for me for Valentine's Day, so he cut all the wood pieces, I painted them, which turned out to be harder than I thought, and Travis nailed it all together. I put it upstairs in this odd spot I have in my bookshelf.

3. Carson lost his first tooth at 5 1/2!!

4. I've been working extra days for a co-worker that had major surger and have had to hire more babysitters in the last month and a half than I have ever used in my 5 1/2 yrs of having kids. I'm hoping the extra days end soon, although I guess it's good to have more work than you want.

5. My sister had her second daugher, Lucy Brooke on March 16th. Lucy is just the sweetest thing and I just love this picture of my two beautiful nieces!

6. I didn't get any pictures from out trip to California, but at the end of spring break we made a quick trip to Sacramento to attend our nephew's baptism and spent some time with the family. Goodbye March, hello April....please bring the sun and some warmer weather!!


5 comments:

Jonna said...

Looks like you guys have been busy! Those pics of Amy's kids are ADORABLE!

meg said...

Nicole, that turned out SO GOOD!!! I love it! Way to go guys!

Kameron said...

Wow, Nicole! You guys have had quite a busy month... I'm impressed with your wood mosaic thing. Did you say you saw that in Pottery Barn or something? Good for you to make your own!

Brittny said...

you have been a busy girl!!! now you need to make a trip to utah! we miss you!... love all of the fun projects! you guys are very skilled:)

Megan said...

Busy family! I LOVE the wood project, so cool. You sister's baby is darling and I love the name Lucy! :)