MANTLE BEFORE
AFTER
We decided to place 2x2 pieces of slate all around the mantle and larger 16x16 pieces on the hearth. This wasn't our original plan, but when we went to the industrial area in downtown Portland to choose our slate from Paulsen's buyer, we saw all these other tile companys that sold to the public. We decided to check out the Tile Outlet, and their prices were 40% cheaper than Home Depot and 50%cheaper than Paulsen's, so we changed gears and did something a little different at a much lower cost. They also have granite slabs and porcelein for a lot less than I've seen anywhere else, so if you're looking, I'd definitely recommend going there.
8 comments:
Travis seriously needs to go into business, or at least fly out here to Utah and fix our house for us!
You guys do the most fun stuff! The trip to California looks awesome! We are leaving in about 2 and a half weeks to spend 3 days at Disneyland with Sean's family, your pictures make us even more excited!
It looks great! What a fun project.
that looks awesome! I love being able to see parts of your beautiful house on your blog:)
Nicole, I love it! Trav did a good job on the handywork. Jerry Jr.
Megan, see, you should have never moved! Travis could have just walked down the street and done all "fixing-up" you wanted. You can always come back!
Wow, your house looks beautiful! I love DIY projects and wish we did more of them. Brandon is learning some new skills but it looks like Travis has got him beat!
Hi Nicole, I found your blog. Ours is: mattjesstaylor.blogspot.com.
I love the mantle!
Nicole I ran across your blog from somebody else's. Love the fireplace! Of course now I am bugging my hubby to do ours!
Post a Comment