
Holden has the funniest little personality right now that I have to document some of the things he does. He is a stubborn 3 year old who tries to keep up with his older brother and act tougher and bigger than he is. His personality is quite the opposite of Carson's and it suprises me how different they are. Holden likes to dress-up and he loves music; here he is enjoying both! Carson came home from a birthday party last night with a crown and Holden really wanted one too, so Travis made him one and then he played the piano quite loudly while Carson sang.

Carson can be quite the ham at times too.

Holden is especially OBSESSED with the drums. He actually has pretty good rhythm and I'm glad he loves music, but the problem with the drums is they're really loud, even if it's just tupperware and cans. Holden will turn anything he can into a drum set. I often have a big mess of cans from the cupboard, pot lids and tupperware strewn all over my house and every pencil is missing because they've been used as drumsticks. He tells me he wants to be a rockstar when he grows-up, and I seriously don't know where this is coming from or how he even knows what a rockstar is. Hopefully playing in the high school band someday will be good enough, because I'm not crazy about the "rockstar" idea.

Holden has lots of attachments. It all started with "kitty", the blue fleece blanket with tassels. He likes to rub the tassels on his face as he is snuggling or falling to sleep. I think he calls the blanket kitty because he literally thinks the blanket is soft like a kitty and when I call the tassels, "tassels" he corrects me and tells me they're tails (like a cat of course). He then became attached to sheep, and the two bunnies and they are called just that, they don't have any special names. After being around his cousin Avery who has a purple Little Giraffe blanket that she affectionately calls "softest", he really took a liking to it which brought a new attachement to his green Little Giraffe blanket (thanks Aunty Kathy!) that he now also calls softest. It used to just be "kitty" that went everywhere with us, but now he brings these 5 things with him wherever he can and has a fit when I will not allow him to bring them.

Holden LOVES his plasma car and rides it to the bus stop every day. For the last little bit this has been the attire when he rides his plasma car. He has to have Carson's old bike helmet, sunglasses and necklace to properly ride his car. For a time Holden was wearing this helmet wherever we went, and I wondered if people thought he has something wrong with him and he HAS to wear it. The other day I was pushing him in the jogging stroller and he insisted on wearing it.

More dressing up. I love how affectionately he's looking up at Travis.

Here he is, ready for a day at the office.

We really want Holden to be potty trained, but I'm horrible at it and with a new baby I'm just not that good about making him try. Understandably, Travis really hates the trips to Costco where we have to buy two sets of diapers, formula and wipes - it's killing us, so he's been pretty good about trying to work with Holden. For some reason Holden REALLY doesn't care about being a "big" boy and going on the potty and he cries every time we make him try, even though he's done it before! Here he is after another attempt. :)
4 comments:
He really is a cutie! I love this age, they are so full of personality and sass, it keeps you smiling. What an adorable family!!
Seriously such cute boys! Holden cracks me up- it seems just recently he's become his own little being and he's a crackup! Good luck with the potty thing- you can tell Travis he can come this way when he finishes with Holden, because there is NOTHING I dread more than potty training... a boy! Ugh. Cute buns though, makes up for it I'm sure. :)
oh man! I LOVE this post! Holden is adorable and soooo funny! I love his little personality. We can't wait to see you guys in about a week!
Too cute. He is such a character. I can't wait to see him wearing his helmet.
Post a Comment