Stella Jane!!
Arrived October 19th at 1:46pm
7 lbs 4 oz 21 1/4 in
Arrived October 19th at 1:46pm
7 lbs 4 oz 21 1/4 in
At church I was having quite a few contractions, but didn't think it would turn into anything. I came home and finished the cleaning/organizing projects I was working on, Travis worked on his projects, I vacuumed and mopped the entire downstairs, even behind and under the couches and went to bed pretty tired. I was awakened a few times in the night with contractions, but around 4am the contractions were pretty intense and I couldn't sleep. They continued to get worse and closer together so around 4:30 I got out of bed, started packing my bag and a bag for the boys. I called my mom at 5:30 to tell her I was in labor and that she should look for a flight out here. I woke Travis up at 6:00 and told him to get ready, we dropped the boys off at his sister's house at 6:30 and we were at the hospital a little before 7:00.
I was able to get an epidural a few hours later which was SOOO nice. I seriously don't know how people manage without it, I think I must have a low pain tolerance. Everything went really smoothly, except for the fact that little Stella was posterior and we couldn't get her to turn around. As a result it took 45 minutes to push out my smallest baby and the epidural wore off at the end, when I needed it most! She was definitely worth it, but I hope to never experience that again!
Beacause of the swine flu they are only allowing 2 visitors at a time and they have to be 18 or older. That was disappointing because the boys really wanted to come to the hospital to see the baby, and I think there's just something special about being able to do that. I wanted to get home as soon as possible to see the boys and to have them meet their new sister so we were able to leave the hospital around noon the next day.
One of the first things the doctor said was that she has big feet, and indeed she does! She also has really long fingers and she's pretty long for a baby too. The doctor joked that she won't need her brother's to protect her, she'll be protecting them! Here's hoping she grows into her appendages.
18 comments:
I love her, I love her, I love her!
What a cutie!! You two really do make adorable babies!! You are going to LOVE having a girl!!
She is SOOOO cute. It honestly gets me excited to have another baby girl around here! She does seem super alert! So glad she made it safe and sound (and a little early!) and I'm honestly glad Carson got to come here after school that day and we got to share in his excitement. It was so cute to see him like that!
Welcome baby Stella!
What a beautiful girl!! Congratulations Nicole!
Congrats! What a cutie! I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. Let me know when I can bring you dinner! :)
She is beautiful! It was fun to run into you at the toy store today- Enjoy your little ones.
Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys. She is absolutely beautiful! I am sure the boys are going nuts over her. Enjoy your bundle of pinkness.
Hedgpeth Family.
How fun that Stella and I share a middle name! Soon Brinlee will too!! She is absolutely ADORABLE and SOOO perfect!!! That's a bummer they wouldn't let the boys in! I hope they'll let Camden in, I've heard of a few hospitals changing their policy to the 18 and up, I better ask, because I have to say I would have withdrawls if I couldn't see Camden for 3 days! (I'm already stressing about leaving him, I know I'm a freak) But we are SO SO happy for you guys, you did such a good job!!! Congrats!!!! :) :)
These pictures are darling! She is a beautiful girl
She is so beautiful! Congratulations you guys! She is darling and so lucky to have two big brothers to look after her.
cutest baby around!! and i wanted to wish you all the best on your special day, nicolie!! hope it's beena great one!! much love to you all!!
love,
madi
She is beautiful Nicole! Congratulations, and i hope I'll get to meet her soon, but we've had the sick curse here ever since you had her!! Hope you're all staying healthy and loving these first few weeks with your sweet little girl!!
she is adorable! we can't wait to hold her! we love you stella!
Oh Nicole! She is such a pretty baby! I'm excited to come meet her on Friday! That's too bad the boys couldn't come to the hospital. My moms group that used to meet at the hospital was indefinitely discontinued because we aren't allowed to bring our babies onto that floor. Probably for the best, but sucks for you! Congratulations!
I'm SO out of the loop! I just heard this exciting news! Welcome to the world little Stella! I can't wait to love on you!!! Nicole only YOU could look that cute after just giving birth! Congratulations guys!!!
Oh my goodness she's DARLING!!! Blankets are coming soon. Sorry for the delay!
Post a Comment