Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Shastaaaaa

We had another fun year at Lake Shasta. We were fortunate that everyone was able to be there for at least part of the trip, and being that it was the first week in June, the weather was pretty nice, low to mid 80's.
My mom and dad got a really nice houseboat, except for when the brand new generator wouldn't work. It seemed that anytime someone would come to fix it, it would miraculously start working, as if it never had any problems. We started calling it the de-generator.
At one time I think there were 19 of us on there.
We also had a little issue with the speed boat when the drive shaft went out. We were lucky to find a houseboat passing by to tow us to shore. We then got a lift from the Sheriff back to our houseboat, and drove our houseboat (2hr drive) back to get the speed boat...it was quite the adventure!
Miss Stella Jane enjoying her time on the houseboat.
Stella learned to clap her hands right before the trip, it's the cutest thing.
We were so happy papa agreed to come on the trip with us. He travelled all the way from St. George and we loved having him!
Carson and Avery had a BLAST on the tube, can't you tell?
Holden fell asleep during an afternoon ride in the raft, just like he falls asleep during an afternoon ride in the car.
Family rafting time.
This cove was awesome for fishing. I think Travis and my brother caught 15 fish during the 2 days we were in this spot. They were mostly small mouth bass, which I guess aren't great for eating, so they tossed them back.
I think surfing has become everyone's favorite activity and Travis did some of his best surfing this year.
Holden's favorite thing is to jump to you. I swear he could do it all day.

The gandkids annual driving the boat picture with papa (most of them anyway). You can see the older two have developed an attitude. :)
There was this cool firepit someone had started at one of the places we camped, so Travis made it bigger and improved it so we could cook our foil dinners. There's just something about them, they always taste good.

My cute mom
Steve and Britt are expecting their first baby in July. Britt is about 8 months pregnant here and looks amazing!! We're so glad her doctor gave her the ok to come on the trip!


Here's C&C (I just like saying that) and they're expecting their first baby in December! We're so excited for all these new addtions. Cassie was a trooper too because you know how great you feel during your first trimester!

We can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like so much fun! I think our family needs a boat! I also think you guys would have a lot of fun living in Utah--come on Travis! You would love it!