Trip to California
BEFORE
The last week of August we made a trip to Sacramento. My dad hadn't been feeling well for months, but the doctors were unable to diagnose the problem. After months of tests they finally discovered his mitral valve wasn't working properly, a result of rheumatic fever as a child. The interesting thing is, my dad never new he had rheumatic fever. My dad was scheduled to have his mitral valve replaced as well as bypass surgery that week and we wanted to be there for it. Unfortunately, one of the OR rooms went down which pushed his surgery back a week.
All my siblings came home for the weekend too. Since there was no surgery, we decided to give my mom and dad's room a makeover so my dad would have a peaceful place to recoup. My sister and I had peeled the wallpaper off years ago because we thought it would be "helpful" , since my parents had plans to redo the room, but 6 years later nothing has ever been done. Not such a great gift after all! My amazing husband offered to plaster the walls, and my mom was thrilled with the idea. What started with plastering the walls led to painting them, a new fan and light fixture, new electrical outlet covers, newly painted trim and doors and entirely new bedroom furniture!!
Painted walls with some of the furniture
Apple Hill
I had 5 roommates my freshman year and I love that almost all of us still keep in touch. Heather married an Oregonian whose family still lives in the area so every now in then they come to town for family reunions. It was so fun to catch up.
Garden Party
10 Year Anniversary
Every year the garden party falls near our anniversary, and since family comes up for the party, that means we usually don't celebrate. I thought this year might be different since it was our 10 year anniversary, it's a momentous one, right?! The men decided to have a three day guys trip. Normally that wouldn't be such a big deal, except they were leaving on our anniversary. Yeah, that's a bummer, but I probably would have been ok with that too if Travis had consulted me about it, but alas, even after 10 years of marriage the communication is not always great. :) Travis left the day of our anniversary and I had to work, so it was a very normal day. When I drove home from work and I saw this flower arrangement on my front porch. I thought to myself, "that's so thoughtful of Travis, he's trying to redeem himself." I pick up the arrangement and see that it was actually meant for our neighbors!! Wah, wah (SNL noise)........ Turns out our neighbors share the same anniversary!! Seriously??! How crazy is that?! Oh, well, I guess that's just the way things go sometimes.... Happy Anniversary honey. :)Unfortunate Mishap
After each pregnancy my skin suffers so I thought I was well overdue for a facial and some special treatment. The last facial I had was before I was married, so as you all know now, that was 10 years ago. A friend that works from her home was having a special on chemical peels. I'd never had one and thought I might as well try it and take advantage of the discount. She asked me if I wanted my eyebrows waxed first, so I said sure, why not. I didn't take into account the fact that I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin! The trauma caused by waxing was enough that when she put the chemical peel on ( a very mild one) it burned my skin! It took a good two weeks for it to heal and it's still scarred. It's funny because not many people have asked me about it, or if they have, they thought it was a birthmark. So now you know, it's not an alien looking birthmark. Hopefully it will eventually go away. My face needs all the help it can get and this isn't helping!!
2 comments:
Yeah for an update! I've been wondering how you guys are doing. That bruise looks painful! So sorry about the injury and dreaded pool running. I'm so impressed you did your 20 on the elliptical! Way to go! I'm running St. George on October 2. I'll be thinking of you on 10/10/10 (it's my birthday!) I hope it goes well and the IT band injury isn't too bad.
The boys are so so cute and so grown-up!
Thanks,Megan. I'm amazed that you're able to run as much as you do and you never seem to have any problems! I would love to run ST. George sometime, maybe next year! I think you're smart to do two so close together, you've already built the base, might as well do one more. Good luck on your marathon, I can't wait to hear about it. I sure hope i'm able to finish mine. Even though 20 miles on the elliptical was tiring and super boring, it's not nearly as bad as running it. Do you think I'm making a big mistake in attempting it?
Post a Comment