
On the 4th we decided to drive up to Mt St. Helens. The boys are fascintated by it's eruption, and Travis and I have never been there even though we've lived here 12 years. Well, the weather didn't really cooperate as you can see from the picture. That's about all we saw....clouds. The visibility was less than 100 ft! It was funny because at the end of the film that's shown at the visitor's center, they raise the curtains and you're supposed to look through all these windows for a spectacular view of the mountain, but we couldn't see anything. Everyone started laughing. Oh,well, I guess we'll just head up there another time this summer.

We did however run into sasquatch!

The boys love doing our own fireworks, so we bought a pack at Costco and let them off in our driveway. Some of our neighbors made a trip up to Washington to get fireworks and put on quite the show.


Me and Stella enjoying the show.

These were Holden's favorite, "the sparkler sticks."
6 comments:
That is so funny about your trip to St. Helens because Matthew and I had the same experience last year. We both laughed at the end of that video too. We had a little more visibility than you did, but we couldn't see the crater. I hope we get back there sometime to see the real thing!
soooo much fun!! thanks for sharing your cute family!! you look so pretty!! it looks like you guys had a great time!! say hi to everyone for me!! love you love you!
love,
madi
Looks like fun! I miss the neighborhood breakfast and parade.
I love all your pictures too! They look great!
Hey Nicole! Looks like a fun 4th. I remember swimming at your parents' house and doing fireworks on 4th of Julys. Stella is getting big and looking just like your boys. And...I loved your photography, the crew cuts pictures look totally professional :)
We need to do Mt.St.Helens! And the dam too, we've driven past so many times! I'm glad you guys got to do the 4th of July here- our kids love the annual breakfast and parade!
Sasquatch is awesome!
Post a Comment