Monday, February 7, 2011

Baby Steps...

My low back hurts every day and constantly feels like it could go out at any time. I tweak it almost weekly,which then leads to a day where I can't stand up straight, I have to pop advil, and lay on my heating pad. But today... Stella took her first steps!!!
YAY!!!! Oh, happy day!! My back may get some relief soon!

Do you see how happy baby girl is?! She's so proud of herself. You should have seen how excited I was and heard the ridiculously loud hoopla and praise I was giving Stella for taking her first steps!! I recognize she had some assistance, but still, this is huge for my girl that has shown NO interest in walking. She'll be 16 months on the 19th and I'm hoping she may attempt walking on her own by then. Perhaps that's unrealistic, but either way, this is a huge milestone for MSJ!


What she really likes to do is try and sit in the stroller, but it's not quite big enough for her girth. I was getting ready one day when Holden frantically ran upstairs to get me because Stella had managed to fall through the fabric of the stroller and had her arms and legs coming out of it at very odd and uncomfortable angles. She obviously hasn't learned her lesson.

Go Stella, go Stella....

10 comments:

Ashlee said...

Yaayyyy Stella! She looks so big!

Brittny said...

She is darling!! I love her big grin! Can't wait to see her walking the next time we see her. She will seriously be walking in no time!... I'm sorry to hear about your back. I know how that is, and it's not fun at all. Wish we were closer so I could help out when your back is sore! Love you guys!!

Liz said...

She is ADORABLE! Hope she is walking soon and your back feels better. Isn't it fun having a girl after 2 boys. I'm sure Stella will be like lucy, sweet little girl, but can hold her own with those two brothers. ;)

MiMi and PaPa T. said...

Yippee for Stella and the mommy:) We knew she would instantly look so much older once she was standing up! GO STELLA GO! XO

The Newsom Family said...

What? You didn't announce this to me at the gym today?! Big news! Congrats Miss SJ! Also, I'm amazed at how much she looks like Lucy and Avery in these pics you just posted. Cute cousins!

Bybee family said...

Thanks guys,we're pretty excited.
Jill, it's funny you say that because I had two people tell me this weekend that they thought Stella looked like your girls. I agree, Stella definitely has some features or expressions that remind me of Avery in particular. Maybe the fact that all of our girls are on the fair side, have blue eyes and blonde bobs help them resemble each other?!

Anne Marie said...

So cute! 16 months, huh? My little Genevieve is at 13 months and still isn't walking. No interest at all. She'd rather crawl. Could be a while for us too! I'm glad your back will finally get some relief!!!

madison said...

NICOLE!!!!! this is so exciting!! congratulations, i am so THRILLED for your dear little darling!! she is so adorable!! what a good and patient mommy to keep carrying her this long- i'm glad you're going to get a bit of relief, and how fun and exciting this is!! :D you guys are the best!! love you love you!!
love,
madi

Coombs Family said...

She looks like she has been walking forever, not even using the stroller for support! Way to go Stella.

The Carter Family said...

awww too cute!!! That's what Brinlee started to do just a couple of weeks before she really started to walk, so it looks like S is on her way! Yay!!! :) :)