Saturday, May 28, 2011

May Days

Pee Wee Football

Holden just finished his football class at the Rec center. He is a sports fanatic and loves all sports. He got this football outfit for Christmas and saw one of the other kids wear a similar outfit to class, and the lightbulb went on! I could tell he couldn't believe he'd never thought of wearing this outfit before, especially since he wears it almost every day!
Running for a touchdown.

POETRY TEA

Carson's class has been working on memorizing and writing poetry throughout the year. His class had a poetry tea for the parents with cookies and the kids recited poems in groups and had the opportunity to share one of their favorites that they had written. I was so proud of Carson for being brave enough to share and I loved the sweet poem he wrote about Holden.
Young spiderman
running, jumping, playing
I love my brother
Holden
PRESCHOOL GRADUATION
We love Mrs. Kimball so much, she is the epitome of the perfect preschool teacher.
Holden's class sang their favorite songs they had learned throughout the year. Holden is such the opposite of Carson, he loves the spotlight and loves to sing. I remember Carson's preschoold teacher being bothered that he wouldn't sing during singing time and I don't think he sang a single word or did any of the actions at his preschool graduation. We had to tell Holden to reign it in!

THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH - DISNEYLAND :)
Travis took this awesome picture on flight to LA

For the last few months I've been feeling the need for a family trip and I really wanted to go to Disneyland. I started talking to my sister about it and she had been feeling the way (we're precogs with eachother). It took a little convincing with the husbands, but once some cheaper fares became available on Southwest they obliged. It was a quick trip, but actually the perfect amount of time with our kids' ages and when you're sharing a hotel room with 3 kids.
I didn't know if Stella would enjoy Disneyland, but she had such a great time! The carousel was her favorite, she rode it several times and cried every time we made her get off. I could have ridden it all day just to watch her and see the joy in her sweet little face.
Our cute little cousin Avery. This is what Stella will look like in 4 years, probably just shorter.:)
Waiting outside the Tiki Room enjoying ourselves some Dole Whip!! Yum, Yum!!
We watched Captain Eo in 3D.
The kids love this Autopia ride and it always seems to have such a long line, even with a fast pass! It's not my favorite because it is such a rough ride! Thank goodness we have a few years before this is a real scenario!
Stella enjoying the tea cups.


It was great because Carson, Avery and Holden were tall enough to ride almost every rollercoaster. They weren't always super thrilled about trying some, but they agreed to try each one at least once. They even went on the Tower of Terror! Amy and I didn't get to go on that one with the kids because we were waiting with the littles, but the descriptions of how the kids reacted to the drop kept us laughing for a good while. So wish I could have seen it! Needless to say, none of them would go on that one a second time.

The fireworks show was seriously one of the best I've ever seen, they were coming from all directions.

The first night the boys were so tired they were begging to go to bed!
California screamin'
Holden was probably a 1/2 inch from meeting the requirement for this ride. He wanted to go so bad and dashed over to the line after the guys had been waiting for a bit. Travis let him stay and they ended up letting him on the ride. They were drenched! So glad I didn't go on it.

My parents had been in St. George for the weekend and on their way home they stopped and spent one day at Disneyland with us. It was a highlight to have them join us, they're the best!


Carson continues to be a huge train lover and really wanted to ride the Disneyland railroad.
The little girls wishing at the wishing well.
Meeting Mickey! Super funny story to this whole thing that we'll laugh about for years. Amy, thanks for not yelling at me and mom and thanks for meeting us at Disneyland, it was an incredibly fun trip. Love you guys!

MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND
Travis got tickets for a Mariners game mother's day weekend and was worried I wouldn't want to go, but I actually don't mind going to the games. The boys love staying in a hotel and going to the games so much I knew it would be a great way to spend the weekend.
Travis caught his first fly ball (a bucket list item) at a Mariners game 2 years ago and has longed to catch another one. He came close several times to catching one at this game, but unfortunately it didn't happen. He relived those moments with regret for the next few days, maybe next time....?

My mom and dad sent me these beautiful roses. It was so cool because they arrived in a box, with a vase and everything. Love them and their thoughtfulness! Holden painted the cute little wooden tulip with his picture in it and Carson made me this adorable placemat with answers to all these things he likes about me. It was a great day and I felt very loved.
BETHANY JOG-A-THON
Every year Carson's school has a jog a thon fundraiser. The kids have about 20 minutes to run as many laps as they can, and each lap is a 1/4 mile (although I'm not sure how accurate that is). Carson had a cold the day of the race so I was worried he wouldn't be able to do as many laps as he did last year,which was eight. I didn't keep track of how he was doing, but they had volunteers that did and I guess he did 10 laps!! I thought that was pretty darn impressive. He raised over $200 for his school and received raffle tickets based on the amount of money he raised to enter drawings for a Nike or Columbia store pass and a few other things. Carson won a Columbia employee store pass and he was so excited about it. Way to go Carson!
Holden couldn't resist running a lap too.

7 comments:

Coombs Family said...

Looks like a fun month! Disneyland was very fun, I'm glad it worked out and that are minds are on the same page ALWAYS :) I feel a game of dictionary coming on...

I cannot believe Carson can run that many laps. I am very impressed. Hold looked so cute in his little jogging outfit too.

I LOVE that Holden gets so into performing. Avery is more like Carson and we are just glad if she participates most of the time and doesn't cry the whole day leading up to an event.

Anne Marie said...

How funny! My family and my sister's family just went to Disneyland too! We went this past Friday. We actually just got home a couple hours ago from the airport. Didn't you just LOVE Disneyland! I'll probably be posting about our trip soon. Hopefully we'll be able to take them back sooner rather than later!!

MiMi and PaPa T. said...

Love, love, love all of those cute kids!!!

So fun to see all of the things they have been up to. They are all so DARLING!!!

Thanks for letting us join you for a day of excitement at Disneyland:) It is always so enjoyable watching the kids have a good time!

Can't wait for our next rendezvous:)XO

Megan said...

So cute! I love reading your updates.
Now that I'm having a boy, I need to ask you where you shop for Carson and Holden. It's hard to believe that I might have just as much, if not more, fun shopping for this little boy than I have my three girls!
Miss you guys!

Bybee family said...

Anne Marie, too bad we missed each other by a few days! We came home that Tuesday. Can't wait to read about your trip!
Thanks Megan. I'm SOO happy for you! Shopping for boys is actually a lot of fun, and especially for you since you've been lost in the world of girly stuff for so long! :) My favorite place for the boys clothes is Boden: http://www.bodenusa.com/Boys-Clothing.html

Kameron said...

How fun!! Next time, you are SO telling us about Disneyland, and we'll meet you there. :)

Cutest of kids, as always.

Ashlee said...

That Disneyland post makes me want to go back! You guys picked the perfect time to go. We're going to have to try that next year. You guys had a very eventful month- seems it won't be slowing down anytime soon! Can't wait to see the summer recap!