We've wrapped up most of the craziness that the end of the school year brings and we're ready to head to Lake Shasta! Travis bought this new little storage thing-y and the kids thought it was pretty cool. It sure would be a peaceful drive if they could really sit back there together.Last Day of 1st grade
Mrs. Varadi
Carson did really well in school this year. He was a great student and well liked by his teacher and classmates. He's come a long way with his reading and is good at math. I pray that lasts because my genes are greatly lacking in that department.

My nephew, Zach, just graduated from High School and I helped my sister in-law teach a dance at his graduation party as one of the stations in an amazing race type activity. The buns were part of the clue that led the groups to our station. Lovely, aren't we?!
Helvetia Half Pre race
It's been a few years since I did this race, but it was a family event this year and I trained better than in the past in hopes I could beat my previous times.

Post Race = Red face
I was pretty happy with the race, I beat my time by almost 15 minutes. I got 1:48-ish, averaging an 8:16 min mile, which is fast for me. Travis did great too and beat his last time.
After the race Carson had a piano recital and his last baseball game. His teacher is pretty fun and dressed up for the movie themed recital as Woody.I stressed so much over making him practice, but with two other people playing with him, it disguised most mistakes. Maybe that's why his teacher set it up that way!
Holden's been drumming a lot lately. He wears these ear muffs because he thinks they're cool, but the problem is he can't hear how loudly he's playing! He likes to play in the backyard too, poor neighbors and poor us! We're the ones that need the ear muffs!!
Swimming
The first weekend in June the weather was awesome, it actually felt like summer! We took the kids swimming in their aunt's pool and they had a great time.

4 comments:
That was a busy month for you guys! I hope your trip is a little more peaceful than the previous few weeks. :) Also, I saw you on race day after the race and spandex is in fact your friend and you didn't even look tired! I'm so mad I didn't get Amelia that swimsuit Stella has- it's ADORABLE! Thanks for doing carpool all year. Next year will be tricky, but as long as you don't move, I promise to make it worth your stay!
Such adorable kids you have!!!! I can't believe how long Stella's hair is!!!!
Nicole-you inspire me to run more. You are awesome. I love all the updates on your family, since we don't get to see you guys enough! Thanks for writing abt work...good to know that others feel the same way.
great post. love seeing all that great things that your kids accomplish and all the fun things you guys do! LOVE the pic of carson & trav at his baseball game. The greatest thing to have supportive parents and family! And way to go Carson, you make us proud! Love the pic of Holden on the drums too. Total action shot, can see the drum sticks wailing! lol. I hope he makes it to the big-time one day! We miss you guys. And great job in your race, Nicole and Trav. You are awesome.
Post a Comment