Monday, July 18, 2011

Lake Shasta 2011

We left for Lake Shasta 2 days after school got out. It was hard trying to get ready to leave with all the end of the school year stuff, but it was worth it. The weather was the best we've experienced in years. The majority of the time it was mid to upper 90's and we even had a few 100 degree days. The hot weather meant we did a ton of swimming. Carson and Avery were absolute fish. I think they jumped off the back of the boat and swam the majority of the day. We had seventeen people on the boat this year, 7 of which were children and 4 of them were 2 and under. That was a lot of little ones and required a lot of watching for all the parents, but everyone did really well. Amy and Scott announced that they're expecting another one and we just found out that it will be Coombs girl #3! We're so excited for them. We were there for 7 days, which means there's a lot of pictures!! It was another amazing year at Lake Shasta and it was nice to spend so much time with everyone.







Chris, Cassie and Luke (6months)


The girls in their matching pj's.


Dad cooking the foil dinners, we all love those.


Travis and the boys had a fun time fishing and caught several small fish.


Steve, Britt and Quinn (11 months)








Stella loved sitting in this lounge raft, it became her chariot.


Amy and Ms. Lucy


After many years, we found THE rope swing!




Chris turned 29 on the trip, which also happened to be Father's Day. I have to say it feels good that another one of my siblings has almost hit 30. Somehow that makes me feel not so old.








Jumping to travis was Holden's version of swimming. It was all he wanted to do.


The boat always puts the kids to sleep.


Cute mom and dad.



Me and my boys.



Lucy on the tube with her dad.







Playing a little Zingo.



Holden and Trav on the tube. This is the first year the kids actually liked going on it.



You can't really tell, but the only 3 boys on the Thompson side are wearing matching suits. This is a first in the history of the Thompson family that girls out number the boys.








What would a family trip be without some sort of coordinating outfit? Since it was a boating trip we had to go with swimsuits.



I thought this picture was funny. Travis is coming up in the canoe to give Chris a push start.


Look out! She's a poser already.









Thanks mom and dad for a wonderful trip!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

That looks SO FUN! I'm glad you guys got to go!

Liz said...

I love th ematching swim wear! Lake Shasta looks so fun. We've contimplated going for a few years now. I think we'll have to do it!

Bybee family said...

Liz, you guys should definitely go. It's one of our most favorite trips.

MiMi and PaPa T. said...

Shasta is ALWAYS such a good time! It gets better every year. Thanks for posting all of these great pictures.....I LOVE them! Already such great memories. Thanks for making them:) XO

Brittny said...

I can not believe that I forgot to comment on this! I looked at it on my google reader and forgot to jump on my comp to comment!... I miss Shasta already!! Next year wont come soon enough:)