Friday, July 22, 2011

California fun continues...

4th of July
After the houseboat trip my sister and I headed to our parents' house for another week. We were in California for 17 days and it was great because the sun was out almost every day and the weather was hot! The kids swam in my parents pool and played with cousins every day, it was a lot of fun. If the weather around here doesn't improve, I'm going to go crazy! I'm already planning my next escape!
For some reason when we do our own fireworks we spend most of the time jumping over them, seems completely logical and safe. Kind of funny that Travis is holding a lighter while jumping. We're definitely good examples to our kids. Carson really got the hang of jumping the fireworks this year, he was unstoppable.

The girls always do leaps over or near the fireworks. Ideally we should both be in full splits at the same time. This was not our best year for capturing our expertise, but it was fun.
Day trip to San Francisco

The kids really want to ride this boat. It goes out a little way from the harbor and does all these doughnuts, it's right up the boys' alley.
The Sea Lions were so disappointing, there were hardly any there. I've never seen it like that before.
Travis and I don't like any seafood, so Carson doesn't get to experience it that much. My dad bought some crab for everyone to share, but there weren't many takers.
I didn't know there was a real "Joe's Crab Shack," which I guess I should know, but the boys happened to be wearing their matching Joe's Crab Shack shirts, so we had to get a picture.
Driving down Lombard Street.
We did a quick walk out on the Golden Gate Bridge.
Carson and Holden had a lot of fun jumping off the diving board.
Me and my girl lounging by the pool. Sure love her and her company.

Should I be worried that she liked dancing with the pole?!

Fairytale Town
Getting 5 young kids ready and out the door takes a bit of work. It was a real bummer that as soon as we arrived at Fairytale town it started raining! Fortunately the kids didn't care and we still had a good time.

The kids loved trying to cross this thing without falling. Holden must have tried 10 times before he did it.
3 Cheeseballs!

My beautiful mom. Two times while I was out with my mom people thought she was my sister. Somehow I don't think I inherited her youthful genes. First I'm jipped in the height deptartment and now the youthful genes. Come on!

4 comments:

Chris and Cassie said...

ok, love to see the updates. Looks like you and the kids had such a fun trip in EDH. We'll join you guys next year for the extended CA stay :). Fav pics: Pole dancing. Stella looks just like Holden to me in that picture. Absolutely love it! yes, you should worry... Love: Mom and Stella sunbathing by the pool. Oh so precious. Thats the reason everyone needs a girl. Love: Joes Crab Shack pic. Haha, that is pretty funny. So glad the cousins could stay and spend some more time together. What a fun family. Come out to UT and visit us next :).

Liz said...

That looks SO fun. You look like a dancer in the jumping over fireworks pic. Love it.

MiMi and PaPa T. said...

We definitely need to make the extra week at the house, after the houseboat trip a TRADITION! And...Cass and Britt have to join us!

It was soooo much fun and I am still going through withdrawls!!

Look, I am smiling at Fairly Tale Town...even though it was raining! XO

Brittny said...

haha! I LOVE all of the pictures, they make me smile! I am glad that I didn't comment the first time I checked all of these because I got to go through and read it all a second time! What a fun trip! I love that the kids are so obsessed with the water. They are so brave! I do love the picture of you and Stella by the pool. And the pole dancing picture is hysterical!! Love that girl:)
Glad it was such a fun trip!!