While we were on the houseboat in June Carson cut his finger by sticking it in the mouth of a soda can. Mind you, I've told him a hundred times not to do this, but he doesn't seem to think I'm right about much. I was on the speed boat when it happened, and my Amy kindly took care of it and got it bandaged up. I thought nothing of it the rest of the trip. After the houseboat we were spending the week in CA at my parents' house. After being there for almost a week, Carson comes down Saturday morning telling me his finger really hurts and so does the armpit of the same finger. GREAT!! Full blown infection! Carson is to that age where he does all his own grooming and unless he brings something to my attention, I have no idea anything is wrong with his body. This was another one of those times I'm so grateful to have doctors in the family. My grandpa and uncle took care of calling in an antibiotic. It was a good thing we did, because later that day he developed a fever.
1 comment:
what a brave little boy to let trav cut off all of that skin. I would have died!! Good thing you saw it when you did, I can't imagine it getting worse. He is such a trooper!
Post a Comment