Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day out with Thomas

With all the travel we've had this summer, we decided we wouldn't drive out to Hood River to ride Thomas. Fortunately, for us, things changed when a friend of ours decided her family was too busy to use their tickets and they didn't want to venture out into the 100 degree weather, so they sold the tickets to us for a great price. We took our cute little cousin Lilly with us and had a great day.
Getting to ride the bus out to Thomas, was almost as exciting as riding the train.
We love the bus!

Carson, in his element when riding the train.


Some of the beautiful Hood River scenery.
It started to feel really hot by the time we got off the train. Luckily, we were towards the front of the line for pictures and I was able to get the kids to cooperate. Travis and I noticed that the crowd was much less than past years, perhaps people didn't want to spend the gas money to drive out there? We then took the kids to one of our favorite pizza places in town with a fun play area and let the kids run around some more before heading home.
We finished off the day with a delicious Sheridan's custard in Vancouver (kind of like Nielsen's in St. George). It's one of our favorite places, and it's just past the airport. If you're out that way, give it a try!
Sweet face!

4 comments:

Coombs Family said...

I am sure the kids were in heaven.

The Carter Family said...

How fun!!!! We haven't had neilsen's forever, but whenever we do see it, it always reminds my mom and I of Trav'!!! =]

Unknown said...

I love Sheridan's! It's really close to our office :)

Bybee family said...

I didn't realize you guys were close to Sheridan's. That would be dangerous for us!