Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lake Shastaaaaa!

In June we were very lucky to spend a week on a houseboat with my entire family. We're able to do this most summers and it is definitely one of our favorite trips. My dad bought a new boat that's especially good for wakeboarding and wakesurfing and we had a lot of fun with it. The last time we went on the houseboat I was 7 mos pregnant with Holden, so all I was able to do was swim, but this time I was able to do everything I wanted to and it was a blast. We spent hours on the boat learning to wakesurf, we swam, layed in the sun, lost track of time, napped, fished, read, slept on the roof and watched the stars, played games, told stories and laughed... it was a great trip!

Trav took the kids exploring in the raft each day and they loved it. Unfortunately one day while we were out on the boat, the houseboat wasn't anchored very well and the wind blew it down a tiny cove where it popped all our inflatable toys and the raft was one of them. :(
Travis and Carson on the knee board. Carson is very afraid of water and didn't want to try anything, but we decided he had to try a few things, so Travis had to take Carson out there kicking and screaming. In the end, I think Carson was proud of himself for going out there.
Holden loves any fleece blanket with the little tassles on the edge and he calls it kitty. Here he is getting himself to sleep on the boat while rubbing his face with kitty.


Travis is an animal on the kneeboard. That thing makes me nervous since your knees are strapped into it, but Travis was able to jump the entire wake and even attempted some flips.
This was our new passion: wakesurfing. My brother Chris was the first expert on it and he coached us all through it. The goal is to be able to let go of the rope and surf the boats wake. By the end of the week we all learned how to do this, not as good as my brother's of course. I don't know how to download video, but if you want to see some fun footage check out family bloggers: Coombs or Thompson.
Steve and Britt were awesome on the tube!
Steve doing a flip on the wakeboard. I can't even imagine being able to do that!

Amy, mom and me on the tube.
Holden sporting his cool wetsuit. He was a little fish and not afraid of the water, which made me nervous, but fortunately he was really good about wearing his lifejacket.
The kids loved helping Papa drive the boat.

Mimi, Papa and the grandkids.
The whole Thompson Family


2 comments:

Coombs Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashlee said...

How cute are these pictures? I can't get over Holden in that cute suit! What a sweetie! Looks like you guys had tons of fun. We'll have to do something exciting one of these days!