We were fortunate to have my parents come and stay with us for an extended weekend while they were here on business. We started off the weekend by participating in the annual UCP Walk. I've made a good friend at the gym that lost her son with Cerebral Palsy, so we walked for her son, James. It was a 3mile walk, downtown on the waterfront and we enjoyed the beautiful weather and scenery. My dad and I both felt it was pretty emotional to watch these families with children of varying disabilities. It definitely puts things in perspective; getting my 2 kids ready and out the door is not a real challenge.Saturday, October 11, 2008
Weekend with the Parents
We were fortunate to have my parents come and stay with us for an extended weekend while they were here on business. We started off the weekend by participating in the annual UCP Walk. I've made a good friend at the gym that lost her son with Cerebral Palsy, so we walked for her son, James. It was a 3mile walk, downtown on the waterfront and we enjoyed the beautiful weather and scenery. My dad and I both felt it was pretty emotional to watch these families with children of varying disabilities. It definitely puts things in perspective; getting my 2 kids ready and out the door is not a real challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
JEALOUS
so fun! i miss being with them all of the time! everyone needs a little mimi and papa time:)
Could your parents be ANY cuter?!?
Thanks, I think they're pretty darn cool.
Post a Comment