Sunday, May 24, 2009

We're expanding

our family (I wish my body wasn't expanding in so many areas, but I keep trying to remind myself that it's for a good cause)! As most of you know, we're expecting baby #3 the end of October. Yes, October is my favorite month, but not so much that I wanted to add one more event to an already crazy month. We will now have 3 members of our family with October birthdays along with a good portion of relatives on both sides of the family! I'm threatening not to decorate this year, but we'll see... We find out on June 4th what we're having, and I anxiously look forward to finding out. People keep asking me if I'm hoping for a girl, and part of me would of course love to have a girl, but at the same time I start worry if I would be a good girl mom. Maybe it's best I stick to having boys?! If we have a boy I really won't have much to plan. I've known the name I will use since I had Holden, I have all the clothes, nursery set-up, etc., so I guess I'll get to do a lot of waiting! This pregnancy feels very similar to my previous pregnancies, so my guess is that we're having another boy.

There definitely seems to be a baby boom going on right now. I have 5 friends in my ward expecting between August and December, Travis has 3 cousins expecting, in addition to the several family members and friends that have recently had babies, so we're in good company. The boys are both very excited about the baby and ask me questions all the time. Carson is trying to figure out how it eats the food I eat and analyzes the baby's response to it. He wants to know if the baby can hear us now, what it does all day, if it can open it's eyes, etc., etc. Holden just wants to know when it's coming out and keeps telling people I'm having a baby chick and that he has a baby in his tummy. Surprisingly they both want a baby sister, but I keep reminding them that we'll be very happy if it's a boy. We're excited and look forward to having a new little one join our family.

9 comments:

Coombs Family said...

Can't wait for your little one to arrive! I love Bybee babies!

Jonna said...

Congratulations! You guys have the cutest babies, I think you need a dozen!!

Emily said...

Congrats Nicole! That is great news:) Hope you are feeling well!

Emily

The Carter Family said...

Maybe 2009 will have just as big of a baby boom as 2007! We know 10 people who are due this year, plus a few who have already had babies!!! My mom's assistant was pretty sure she was having another girl because her pregnancy was identical to her first pregnancy, and she just found out she's having a boy! So maybe you'll have a girl! Both would be so fun though, boys are the best, and girls have cute little bows and dresses haha it's a win/win! We're so excited for you guys though!!! I can't wait for you to have another!!!! :) Congrats again!

Kameron said...

YaHOOO! Ellie is SO excited. Ü So are we, of course!

Megan said...

Yeah for the great news! That is so exciting! You can never have too many October birthdays can you?
Who else in the ward is expecting? That's fun!

Bybee family said...

Megan, the girls you know are Jaymie, Krissy and Carol.

Ashlee said...

Okay your body is NOT expanding much at all. Can't wait to hear what this little one will be! See if you break the girl streak we seem to have going on around here! :)
Such great news- Congrats again!

Kim said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear the names you are thinking!