Thursday, March 27, 2008

Papa's 80th Birthday Party!!

I've obviously been very delinquent in posting! I thought I'd update some of the fun events we've had going on. We celebrated my grandpa's 80th birthday the end of February, in St. George. This trip kicked off the family travels we have going on the next few months. I love my grandpa and cherish any time I can spend with him. He is a man of few words and humble about his life experiences. Travis expressed my sentiments exactly when he said my grandpa is one of the best men he's ever known. I'm grateful that we share similar feelings for someone I care so much about.
We really did put 80 candles on the cake and it took a while to blow them all out, even with help form the grandkids. It was nice to see my grandpa so happy.
This is my great grandmother, she'll be 98 this summer. All I wanted was ONE decent picture with her; with all the grandkids smiling and cooperating. Of course that didn't happen, and that's why I have a death grip on Carson's shoulder!
My uncle took all the balloon bouquets off the tables and clipped them to Holden. Holden thought it was pretty fun and I think he makes a pretty cute balloon bouquet.

Here's Holden...Vegas Style. We stayed at the Venetian in Vegas, which was amazing--wish we would have had a little more time there. Travis put this hand towel on Holden after his bath and it gave us all a good laugh.

5 comments:

Coombs Family said...

I love all of these pictures. My favorite is Holden in his towel. We can't wait to see you at Disneyland!

Behunin Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I love the picture of Holden with the balloons- so sweet! And the one of him in a towel is hilarious! That hotel is stinkin' amazing. I'm so glad you guys got to do all that! So fun!

Laura said...

That picture of Holden in the towel is GREAT! He is such a cute little boy!

can can girl said...

Nicole- this is the funniest picture! Can I have Holden already?!!! This picture should be in an advertisement!!!
Candice

can can girl said...

Oh- and your grandpa. Who doesn't like a small bonfire for their birthday?