Friday, March 12, 2010

Accidents Happen

After I worked out on Monday the boys wanted to play basketball in the gym with some of their friends. Of course they got distracted and started playing with these scooter type things. I have no idea what they're called, but they're a square board with wheels under each corner. Anyway, Carson decided he would try to run, jump and land his stomach on top of the square. I didn't see any of this happen, but the next thing I know he comes over to me, not crying or anything, but with blood all over his hands and face. I thought he had a bloody nose, but then realized blood was pouring from his chin. I told him he needed to sit down so I could clean it up and get a better look. I could see a little bit of fatty tissue and it was a pretty good sized gash so I told him I thought he might need a stitch. Then he starts almost crying saying "Am I going to die?.... I don't want to die!" I thought I was being very calm, so I don't know why he thought he was going to die, but I reassured him he wasn't going to die and that everything was going to be just fine.
Conveniently Stella had her 4mos check-up at 1:00 that day so we went to the doctor a little early to have Carson checked out. The doctor said that because of the visible fat she thought he needed stitches and of course they don't do that there. :) Travis was thankfully available to help and he took Carson to urgent care while I stayed with Stella for her appt. By the time I got to urgent care the boys were walking out and Carson was a happy boy because the doctor said he DIDN'T need stitches. $60 in copays later, a small steris strip bandage, and we're home! It's pretty amazing that with two boys we've managed to avoid stitches thus far. I'm sure that record won't last long, but for now we're grateful.

4 comments:

Coombs Family said...

Ouch! I can picture him leaping in the air trying to land perfectly on top of the square. Hopefully he won't end up with a scar but if he does tell him we can be chin scar buddies :)

The Carter Family said...

awwww poor guy! but at least he didn't need stitches!! Yay!!!

Brittny said...

Tell Carson that we are so we're SO glad he didn't die:) He is adorable!

Chris and Cassie said...

I love those scooters! Haven't heard about them in years. Glad Carson didn't need stitches, that is too funny "am I going to die"... lol. You have some cute kids! Glad everything is okay.