Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break

For spring break we headed to Utah. It was busy, but we had a great time and saw lots of family. My three siblings, both of my grandpas, a few aunts, uncles and many cousins all live there. I'm starting to feel left out! Warning, tons of pictures to follow.....
SALT LAKE
My grandpa V lives at Highland Care facility which happens to be where my brother Chris is training to be an administrator and my other brother, Steve, also works there. I think that's worked out pretty nicely as they can check on grandpa daily. I applied to be the care center's resident hygienist, but they said there's already too many of our family members there. Oh, well. Here's papa, he's 87 years old and this was his first time meeting Stella. It was sweet because she gave him a huge smile when she saw him.
Here's Mr. Big Stuff in his office. :)

OLYMPIC OVAL
Amy took us ice skating at the Olympic Oval. It was the best ice skating I've ever done, we all had a great time.
I loved this rink because it had helmets and these walker things for the kids, which made for a much more enjoyable experience.


We were allowed to bring strollers on the ice, so this how Amy and I skated; pushing our babies.
DINOSAUR MUSEUM
We went to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. The exhibits were very cool and the kids and Travis had fun making volcanoes and dams in the sand.

I told the kids to look scared, notice which pose Avery chose... she's a character!

UNLV VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT

Steves graduates from UVU this spring, so we were glad we were close enough to make it to one of his final volleyball tournaments. His team played awesome, they beat the #1 seeded team and lost the championship game by only 2 points.

Here's how we all felt at the end of the day - emotionally and physically drained. :)


HOOVER DAM
Travis has always wanted to go to Hoover Dam, since we were 30 min away,we left the tournament for a bit and toured the dam.

Here's the new bridge they're building to replace the traffic that goes across the dam.

500 feet below the ground on the dam tour. :)

ZION NATIONAL PARK
On our way back from Las Vegas we stopped in St. George to see my grandpa and tour Zion National Park.

We saw three deer on the side of a trail and Carson immediately took a stick and pretended to shoot them. I think the old ladies that were with us were appalled!


We had to do an easy, short hike with the kids, but it was still fun and the scenery was beautiful.


ST. GEORGE
This was papa T's first time meeting Ms Stella. It's always fun to visit papa; we raid his cupboards which are always filled with good food, we enjoy visiting and the kids love to explore the rocks in his backyard.

Holden decided Papa's car needed a wash.

After Holden sprayed every chemical he could find in the garage on Papa's car, my dad helped him really clean the car.

LUCY'S 1ST BIRTHDAY

Amy was kind and hosted a 2nd little party for Lucy where all the family could get together. It was really fun to visit with our family that we don't get to see often. It was a great trip and we're adjusting to being on our own. Amy and I both commented on how it's a bit lonely during the day when we don't have eachother. Which one of us is going to move? Amy???

5 comments:

The Carter Family said...

We were so happy to see you!!! We vote you guys move here! :)

Chris and Cassie said...

That was very fun seeing you guys for so long! Great vacation, even though it was probably more work for you than I realize. Nonetheless, worth it. Right:)?
and I am a little mad at you about the one picture I made it into. We can talk about it later...
Hope Oregon is treating you guys great we miss you!

Brittny said...

we had sooo much fun with you! thanks for coming to see steve play, it meant a lot to us. We can't wait to see you, hopefully soon!!! love u guys

Coombs Family said...

So glad you guys came to visit! Come again soon.

Unknown said...

That was quite the trip! Looks like you guys were busyand had a great time with family! I know...Casey and I keep asking each other which one is going to move closer too. Unfortunately I don't think it will happen. :(