Sunday, October 2, 2011

September

Carson's soccer team is really fun, pretty much everyone on his team is a friend and Travis is the assistant coach.

Each year Carson is getting better and more aggressive and the games are getting a little more intense.


Ward Ice Cream Social
My life has become so much crazier since my new calling in August. I had to jump right in and plan the ward activity in September and now I'm on to craft night in October and working on the Relief Society Christmas program. I feel like I've become an event planner of sorts. Travis has been such a good sport and is my assistant. He helped me cut and assemble all the pennant banners the night before.



A few weeks ago Stella got this huge lesion on her tongue, it was really crazy! I had the dentist look at, he didn't know what it was, and when I took Holden for his check up with the pediatrician, she looked at it and didn't know it what it was either.

A few days later she got these huge lesions on her lip. I had an oral surgeon look at it and sent pictures to my grandpa and uncle and no one knows what it is. She ended up getting more spots on her tongue a few days later. Can't figure out what's causing it. She doesn't seem to be bothered by them, but if she gets more, the oral surgeon wants to do a biopsy. Here's hoping they don't come back!

Goodbye Honda :(

Travis got in an accident on his way home from work a few weeks ago. The guy in front of him did an illegal U-turn and travis t- boned him. His car is a 96, so not worth much anyway so they totaled it. Fortunately, Travis is ok, but the whole process of finding a new car has not been fun. We had no idea what we wanted, but we didn't want a car payment and all I can say is that I hate car dealerships! After two weeks we finally found something that we think/hope will be a good car for many years. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Travis turned 33 in September, still looking good! Two family birthdays down, three to go!:)

8 comments:

Carol said...

Stella hasn't been on any antibiotics lately, has she? I had a weird reaction once while in high school--I was taking antibiotics for an in-grown toenail and got these massive lesions in my mouth, but they were HUGELY painful, like giant canker sores. I'm sure if it was the same thing with Stella she'd clearly be in pain. That's really weird & hope it all clears up soon on it's own!

By the way, that ice cream social was so fun! Thanks again for all your hard work. It was beautiful!

Coombs Family said...

You ARE an event planner! What a busy month for you.

The Carter Family said...

Are the things in Stella's mouth raised? If not, they do look like herpes of the mouth, they typically contract it from an adult who has it only between ages 1 & 3. Grossly enough I just figured out that's what the huge canker like things I get in my mouth are, and you can only get them between ages 1 and 3 and they stick around for your whole life... they say it's usually from older adults kissing you. So, not quite sure who gave it to me, Doni?! (odds are she was the only one kissing me haha) Anyways, not sure if it's that, but it could be! And the event planning looks so fun, but I bet it wears on you too! so fun!!

Brittny said...

Carson is such a stud!! I'm glad he is enjoying soccer so much and that he gets to play with all of his friends and his dad!!
The party looked awesome!! I can not believe that you just pulled that altogether so quickly! You are amazing!! It looks like you spent months planning it!
I'm sorry that Trav got in an accident, I'm glad he is okay. Heard that you were getting a new car so that'll be fun!
I still can't believe that nobody knew what the sores were in Stella's mouth!! Sounds like the sores that Blakeley was talking about were the ones that Quinn had. It makes sense since it was right after her bday party and there were so many people kissing her! Haha.

I hope your October is a little slower (I doubt it with all the birthdays and boutique but after December you deserve a day at the spa:)

Brittny said...

ps I LOVE your new picture (in the header)!!! Your hair is so pretty!!

Cami and Mitch said...

Nicole-
I love the updates! Your kids, your party, your house, everything looks amazing. By the way, we always get those cakes for birthdays too. They are the BEST!

Bybee family said...

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! As far as the lesions, she was never sick and not on an antibiotic. Some of the spots were really raised and big but they weren't sore, so none of the doctors thought they were ulcers or canker sores. Who knows! Hope they don't come back!
Carol, thanks for coming to the social, I really appreciate your support!
Britt, I'm treating myself to a day at the spa with a gift certificate Travis won on the radio when the month is over!:)

MiMi and PaPa T. said...

Ditto to everything that has already been said:)

Carson looks soooo grown up...I can't believe he is going to be 8 this month!!!

He really looks like he knows what he is doing in that soccer game too!!!

I am glad Miss Stella Jane is lesion free...and I hope they NEVER come back! XO