
A week ago, when we had a couple of nice days, Carson decided to get out his bike with no training wheels and give it another try. This is his Aunt Brie's old bike and we brought it home with us after Christmas. At that time I could tell there was no use pushing the issue, he just wasn't ready. Since then he's been riding the scooter he received at Christmas and has become quite good. I think the scooter has really helped to improve his balance because when he gave the bike another try, he was able to take right off and ride quite a ways before falling. He was so proud of himself, as were we! He needs more practice, but I'm hoping he'll get the hang of it soon so that I can boot him out of the jogging stroller and lighten my load by 45 lbs!!

Pretty cool dude!

Holden LOVES this car and it's really cute to watch him. Here he is giving his cousin Lilly and Carson a ride.

Last week Carson had Kindergarten Round-up at Bethany Elementary. I can't believe my little boy is going to kindergarten in the fall!! All the kids broke up into groups and went to class with a teacher for 30 minutes where they got to work on projects. When I went to find Carson he was in Mrs. Brackett's class, the favorite kindergarten teacher, and she was just gushing over him. I can see why everyone likes her so much. Here's hoping we get lucky and he gets put in her class.

For Holden's monumental event, he finally learned to crawl out of his crib!! NOOO!! I know I've been lucky that it's lasted this long, after all, Carson climbed out of the crib at 18mos, but it sure makes nap time a pain! Fortunately he still goes to bed without any problems and sleeps all through the night. Instead of calling for me in the morning, he just knocks on his door to let me know he's ready to come out. Since he's realized his climbing capabilites he now climbs all the counters and gets into the cupboards. He's such stinker, but it's hard to get mad at that sweet face.
No comments:
Post a Comment