Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm dreaming of a...


Yes, we have snow! We woke up to snow on Sunday morning, and it has continued off and on all week. Church was cancelled, school has been cancelled all week, I only had 4 patients at work on Wed., and the darn gym has cancelled their classes all week. The first few days it was fun, but honestly, I'm ready for it to be gone. This week of snow has reminded me of how glad I am that I don't live in a place where this is the norm.

This is how Carson feels about the snow. He is thrilled! In my opinion, it's miserable and way too cold (we're in the 20's) to be out there, but Carson goes out and plays in the snow several times a day for about 45 minutes! A week ago he was telling me how much he wished it snowed here, and I was telling him that Oregon doesn't get a lot of snow, and if we do, it doesn't last. Well, I was proven wrong and he got his wish. His other wish was a candy cane. You wouldn't believe the excitement over the box of candy canes I bought last week!

This is what he does most of the time while playing in the snow.


We've had a ton of wind with this storm, also known as "Arctic Blast." Our lights were strewn all over the place, so Travis decided to fix them when we had a break in the storm. I came home to find Travis in his dressy "go-to-work "clothes and then his work around the house jeans, climbing on the roof to fix the lights. It was funny to see him doing this in his lovely ensemble! :)

2 comments:

Jonna said...

Reading people's blogs, there is snow ALL OVER THE COUNTRY! Even friends in Vegas had school canceled due to snow, but would Arizona share in the Arctic Blast? Never! We got a day of drizzling rain, that's it...

Coombs Family said...

I can't believe how much snow you got. Now you won't have to miss the snow this Christmas!