For the last several years we've headed to Fir Point Farms in Canby for the giant pumpkin contest and drop. For some reason they weren't hosting it this year, but Travis heard about Bauman's in Woodburn, and they were having a giant pumpkin contest and smash. Their spin on it was to drop a 6oolb pumpkin from a helicopter into a swimming pool.


I have to admit it was pretty cool and the boys loved it!

They did two drops and the second drop was definitely the best because the helicopter went higher and the pumpkin smashed into more pieces. :)


This picture cracks me up because it captures how serious the pumpkin weigh-off really is.

I love this time of year with all the beautiful colors and of course varities of squash. These are lovely turban squash, I couldn't pass up buying one.
4 comments:
How fun!!!!! That looks like it was a blast! You have such cute boys!! I wish we had something fun like that here!!!
I LOVE the pumpkin drinking! That is some serious competition. When are you going to enter one?
You know Travis would love to grow a giant pumpkin, the problem is these pumpkins are bigger than our backyard!
I miss the pumpkin drop!
Post a Comment