
So I'm living large these days! I'm to that point where nothing fits right, all I want to wear is my sweats and trying to put on my socks is increasingly difficult. This is where I know I'm nearing the end, and hopefully the end will be at least a week before my due date. However, I still can't come up with a middle name! I'm really surprised how hard it has been to name this little one. Even choosing the first name has been difficult, probably because there are a lot of girl names I like, but the name I keep coming back to is Stella. Travis is ok with the name, I don't know that he loves it, but he also doesn't have any other suggestions. At this point, Stella it is. It's dangerous to elicit opinions when it comes to naming your child, but I'm curious to see if people lean toward one particular middle name more than the others. For some reason I feel like a single syllable name would work best, but that's pretty limiting. Here's the middle name options so far, and I'm open to other suggestions:
Jane (Just because I like the name)
Grace (I like the name, but it's also my nieces name)
Pearl (I like that it's unusual, but maybe sounds too old fashioned)
Nicole (My mom's choice, of course and I think she's too biased)
10 comments:
First, that shadow is totally distorting your profile--you look way better than that! And I mean it, honestly!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name Jane and I think it goes beautifully with Stella (which is also a name I think is SO cute and not overused at all.) If I ever had a girl, I'd be tempted to use Jane though it doesn't go with our name so well as it does yours.
Grace is cute & I know it'd just be a middle name but there are little Graces EVERYWHERE...
Pearl is cute but I don't think it "flows" as well as Stella Jane...but I'm biased there anyway.
Nicole of course is a great name! : ) I still like Jane better though, with Stella anyway. (Plus you'd end up with 3 2-syllable names...)
There's my 2 cents...since I'm in the naming quandary right now too, but I never get to think of girls' names so this is more fun.
I'm with Carol- you are NOT that big. I know you feel huge, because that's the fun of the end of pregnancy... but are NOT that big. I promise!
My picks would be-
Stella Jane
Stella Nicole
Stella Pearl
Stella Grace
They're all good picks, but I think Jane flows the best, Nicole is a great way to honor YOU! Pearl is cute and I wouldn't worry about the old fashioned sound... and Grace is nice, but pretty common. So there you have it. :) I'm about ready to put up a begging for name help post myself!
Thanks for the input ladies, it really helps! So it looks like the decision will be between a name I like or using my name because then I'm using a family name. I can't decide if that will really matter to me or her in the long run...decisions!
Seriously, you are basing your "bigness" off a shadow! There is your problem! You aren't even close to that big!
I like Stella Jane or Stella Nicole the best. Here's a few I thought of that you may or may not like:
Stella Rose, or the classic middle name Stella Anne
Whatever you choose will be perfect and cute!
What happened to my Piper pick?!!? I love Stella too:) Like everyone else is saying, I think Stella Jane sounds really good together. BUT Stella Nicole will have more significance to her, since she will be able to say for the rest of her life that she's named after her gorgeous mom!
By the way, I love the shadow pick and I just saw you two days ago and I am not kidding when I said to myself, "I hope that's what I look like when I get pregnant"
Can't wait to meet her!
ok, you know I like Jane, because It's my middle name, and will also be b baby girl's middle name, but I think Stella Nicole would be ADORABLE and it sounds sophisticated!!! good luck choosing!!!!
I'm loving the shadow picture, and you don't look huge.
I love the name Stella. I also love Jane, Lucy is Lucy Jane. Stella Jane Bybee flows really well.
I also love Stella Nicole Bybee, it looks pretty all written out and I LOVE family names and names with meaning.
Good luck! I hate picking names, can't wait to see pictures of her!
I'm so excited for you! You will love having a girl... so much fun! You are definitely one of those "glowing" pregnant ladies...
wow! I have missed out on a lot this past week with all of the blog updates!... you can't go wrong with either name. Stella Jane sounds super cute, but like I've said before, I have always wish my name had some kind of meaning behind it.
Good luck! I can't wait to hear your decision!
okay, i'm zero help- i think jane and nicole are the best, too!! congratulations on being a mommy again!! i can't wait to meet the little sweet pea! best of luck and love you much!!
love,
madi
Post a Comment