SEPTEMBER
In case any of you were wondering, we're still alive and well. The past two months have been busy and fun. I thought I'd give a quick recap of what we've been up starting with the most recent stuff.
Carson is playing micro soccer for the first time and loves it. His team is the Flintstones and there are several kids from his kindergarten class and church on his team. It took him a couple games to get the hang of things, but he gets better and better and even scored a goal. Holden has a hard time being the little brother, he wants to be out there SO bad! He wears his cleats, brings his own ball, gets incredibly dirty and dribbles up and down the sidelines and sometimes on to the field! By the time it's his turn he should be pretty good. :)

Frist Day of Kindergarten!!It really is unbelievable to me that Carson is in Kindergarten! Fortunately even though he may be a bit nervous about doing new things, he usually is excited about it and is willing to give it a try. He has the kindergarten teacher that everyone raves about, has a lot of church friends in his class and loves going to school.

We were the ridiculous first time parents at the bus stop. Travis was videotaping, I was taking pictures and my friend Ashlee and I were crying. He just looked so cute and small getting on that big bus. I thought all kids LOVED to ride the bus, so we sent Carson on the bus the first day and then met him at school. Well, it turned out that none of the other kids rode the bus! I felt like such a jerk sending Carson on the bus all by himself. He told me he was a little nervous, but he had fun.
Holden is quite jealous that Carson gets to ride the bus and most days tells me that he's mad at me and doesn't like me because I didn't let him on the bus! Nice! My kids tend to experience the terrible 3's, not the terrible 2's which isn't good timing with a new baby on the way.
Holden sporting his butterfly bandage after splitting open his forehead while visiting my parents. Luckily he thought his bandaid was quite cool and we're hoping that his Harry Potter scar will completely disappear.

This is the beautiful arrangement that my Aunt Kathy and her friend made for Chris and Cassie's reception at my parent's house.
My parents have worked so hard on their backyard and it looked amazing!
Holden getting ready to eat one of the delicious and beautiful cupcakes that Amy made for the wedding.
AUGUST
We decided to drive back to Sacramento with my parents and sister after the wedding in San Diego. My dad decided to take the scenic coastal route back so we stopped by the Madonna Inn and stayed the night in Monterey.
We enjoyed touring Monterey's Cannery Row and Wharf and the kids loved riding the trolley.
My dad had some business to do at the Jelly Belly Factory so we all went along and took the tour. For some reason they made everyone wear these silly hats on the tour.
We're so happy for Chris and Cassie! They were married in the San Diego temple and it was a really great day, except for the 100 degree heat! We just couldn't seem to escape the heat this summer.
Carson and Avery trying to wait patiently during the sealing in the sweltering heat.
My handsome little guy.
Our new and improved family.
For Holden's birthday we were going to have a family swim party, but it had to rain that day. Instead we went to Papa John's pizza which the kids seemed to be just as happy about. Holden is WAY into the drums and has even told me he's going to be a rockstar when he grows up, so we thought this cake was most appropriate for him.
We gave him a plasma car like the one he loves at Aunt Jill's. He's so cute on it and rides it most days to the bus stop. Although, it's horrible on the shoes! He's worn throught the toes of 3 pairs of sandals.
Pregnancy can never be easy, right? Even though I'm not very good at being pregnant my pregnancies have been pretty uneventful and easy. Maybe because this is my 3rd pregnancy I've experienced more aches and pains, and I also developed this miserable rash! I have sensitive skin so I'm used to having a rash of some sort, but I've never experienced anything like this. This rash was over most of my body and was SO stubborn. I would wake up at night scratching and couldn't get back to sleep - I was SO tired. It turned out to be hives, and they have no idea why I got them. I had to take a picture of all the pills and creams I was taking/trying in hopes of getting rid of this because I felt like I was always picking something up at Costco or going to the OB or my dermatologist. Thankfully after 3 weeks and just in time for my brother's wedding the rash cleared up!

We always have to have some major home project going on when we're having a baby, nesting I guess... We decided to have granite countertops installed as well as a new sink and fixtures. Of course Travis wanted to do the demolition himself to save money, but we were lucky to have his dad and brother in town to help.
We're still waiting for our tile backsplash to be finished, so I'll wait to post pictures until it's completely done.
We started off August with lots of family in town for the annual Newsom party. This year it was a hoedown at their farm and everyone had a lot of fun. I think the adults enjoyed the mechanical bull more than the kids.
6 comments:
I can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen! have your cabinets always been white? I just painted ours white and love them, but now I want new countertops, sink, fixtures and appliances to go with them!
You guys are always having so much fun! we miss you guys and love keeping up with you on the blog.
It's about time! I love seeing the pictures of Carsons first day of school. He is so grown up. Don't worry, I shed a hidden tear while reading.
I still get teary eyed putting them on the bus! But how funny that I was crying the day you put Carson on and mine wasn't even going that day! Ha ha... hormones. :) The kitchen looks great, I forgot how much craziness September brought to you guys! I can't believe you fit that all in! And the rash... ugh, I hope it stays away, it looked so miserable!
Yes, Megan, our cabinets have always been white. After 7 years with white tile countertops I couldn't stand them any longer, they just never looked clean! That's the problem with these projects, one thing leads to another! :)
Amy, that's one of the many reasons I love you so much!
Awww, I can't believe Carson has started KINDERGARTEN!!! That is so crazy!!! He's so grown up!! When are you due this month??! We can't wait to see your new bundle!! She's going to be absolutely ADORABLE!!!!
Nicole.. you have been busy! You look great by the way! Can't wait to see pictures of your little one.
Emily
Post a Comment