Friday, October 16, 2009

Sauvie Island

Last weekend we drove out to Sauvie Island to get our giant pumpkin. They're called big moon pumpkins and they're beautiful! You can get any size for $30, what a deal! I'm sure you're wondering why you would want a giant pumpkin, and it's just because they look so cool and you can leave them on your porch through Thanksgiving.
Here's our selection.


Travis is such a good sport about the whole thing. He thinks he tore his bicep trying to lift it into the car. We don't know how much it weighs, but we're guessing at least 80lbs.

The pumpkin wouldn't fit in the trunk so it got to ride shotgun and I squeezed in the back with the boys.

4 comments:

The Carter Family said...

How fun!!!

Liz said...

Isn't the rule of going to the pumpkin patch you have to be able to carry it out? It looks like Travis pushed the envelope on that one. haha. We're excited to see pictures of you new little lady. Having boys the same age as yours, and now having Lucy has really been fun. I think you'll really enjoy it. I think our boys are at the right age for having a new baby sister, my boys are always loving, kissing, talking, playing with her. I'm sure your guys will have so much fun.

Liz

P.S. I really like Stella Jane. We named our gal Lucy Mae, you could always use Mae as a middle name. :)

Clara said...

Awesome! Travis really is a good sport! I don't think I could ever convince Kyle to drive all the way out there just to haul a huge pumpkin back :)

Unknown said...

Hahaha! We got a huge pumpkin this year too and David told me just yesterday that he thinks he injured his shoulder carrying it! Oh, the things our husbands do for us. :)