
Carson loves to bowl, so it was not a big surprise that he wanted to go bowling for his birthday...again. This year he had a small party and we had it the week after his birthday so his grandparents and more cousins could be there.

Sorry, but I had to post this picture for my mom, she always appreciates table decor. :)

I'll try not to boast, but I'm super proud of myself for making Carson's birthday cake. My mom and sister do this kind of stuff all the time, but somehow the creativity gene skipped me and so this was the first time I've attempted to do something like this. I have to admit, it wasn't easy. I was only going to make the bowling ball, but my friend Laura suggested I make a bowling pin as well, and I'm glad I did because it was the easiest part of making the cake and it completed the look. I was starting to freak out when at 11:00pm the night before the party, I went to attach the two half circles to complete the ball and they didn't fit together! Thank goodness Travis is a better baker than me and came to my rescue (pathetic, I know!). He just kept cutting down each semi-circle until they fit together and whah-la, we had a believeable bowling ball.


Carson and his cousin, Henry.

After the party we put on our costumes and went to our cousin's trunk-or-treat. Oh, look! It's the cutest eensy, weensy spider you've ever seen!

Crazy trunk-or-treating cousins!
2 comments:
The cake looks great! Good job! Sorry Ava didn't participate, but the party looked fun!
All the costumes were adorable (as usual!) and the pumpkins look good, too. Now on to the next holiday season!
Impressive, Nicole! I think it looks wonderful. You'll have to tell me how you did the cake/s!
Post a Comment