Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fruit Loop Drive

Last weekend the weather was so beautiful that we wanted to do something outdoors with the kids. Travis had heard about the Fruit Loop drive out in Hood River, so we decided we'd try it. It's a about a 35 mile loop with over 30 different farms, bakeries and restaurants to stop at along the way. We had such a great time that we plan on making this a yearly trip.
Our first stop was at Rasmussen's Pumpkin Patch.
This was probably Carson's favorite part: the greenhouse filled with pumpkin characters from movies. He liked Indyany Jones (that's the way he says it) the best.

Just beyond the pumpkin patch was a field of Sunflowers. I guess you can buy their heads for the seeds. I've never seen a U-Pick Sunflower patch before.
Yes, more pictures of the boys in a pumpkin patch, but I love this picture.
Holden having another pouting moment.
We then drove out to an Alpaca Farm. The kids were a little hesitant about feeding them at first, but they are kind of strange looking.
After this we stopped at a Lavender farm, it smelled so good, but I was really the only one interested in that. We also stopped at some fruit stands and bakeries along the way which of course everyone enjoyed.
We went to an apple orchard with more varieties of apples than I've ever seen! We decided it would be fun for the kids to pick their own apples, so we picked 3 different varieties and we've been enjoying them all week. This farm also had a great fort that all the kids loved playing in.
I wish I would have been able to get a picture of Mt. Hood. It seriously looked fake, as it was covered in snow and so beautiful. If you have the time, you should definitely make a trip out there before the month is over! ;)

7 comments:

Coombs Family said...

How fun! I wish we could have been there to enjoy it with you. October needs to be longer so we can fit everything in!

Megan said...

I'm so jeleous! I miss have another Halloween enthusiast around. Looks like you guys have been having a blast. I'm missing the pumpkin patches and especially the giant pumpkin drop.
Glad you are enjoying it all for me.

Bybee family said...

More and more enthusiasts are popping-up, which is great because then people don't think we're so crazy! Utah has great activities like the Witches,and Witchapalooza at Gardner Village, the Scarecrow Festival, etc. One of these years we'll have to come out there to experience all the fun Utah activities.

Carol said...

What a fun thing to do--I hadn't heard of that before. Will definitely put it on our list of things to do! And I can never get enough photos of my own boys in pumpkin patches--yours are always so cute with their matching shirts!

Hillybug said...

Hey Nicole! I was SO jealous that Brandon got to see you guys and your cute boys! It looks like you are having fun and enjoying Autumn as much as we are. I am so excited to see your blog and check in on you guys! Next time there is a golf get together I am inviting myself along just to hang out!

Jonna said...

Nicole, I came across your blog from Brandon Hardy's blog, and your family is beautiful! We just found out baby number 3 is going to be a boy, and I hope he turns out as cute as yours. If you are curious, we're: sjblackfamily.blogspot.com

Kameron said...

Okay, forget the Garden Party. Karen needs to have an Autumn Party so we can come up in October!!! (Think she'll go for it??)