Friday, October 17, 2008

My boy is 5!!

I can't believe I have a 5 year old! Carson turned 5 yesterday and had been counting the days to his birthday; telling me daily what he wanted for presents. It was so cute because when he woke-up he wanted to make sure it was really his birthday, and then he asked me if he looked older. I told him I definitely thought he looked like a 5 year old boy. He came downstairs to find many presents from family on the table and opened a few before he ate his requested breakfast of waffles with whipped cream.
Carson's cousins came over to play and make the day more fun. We made a few Halloween crafts, but unfortuantely while making one of them, I accidentally set the glue gun on his finger! I felt so bad! This next one wins me the award for worst mother. I was upstairs folding laundry when I heard Holden start to cry. I found that he had pulled the glue gun down on himself and it landed on his cheek on the way to the floor!! I swear I had unplugged that stupid thing. Either he plugged it in, or I was just really beginning to lose my mind from all the activites in the day. I didn't want to tear his skin by pulling off the glue, so he wore it on his face the rest of the day. :( Carson fell asleep on the way home from his tennis lesson so he didn't get to eat his delicious :)birthday dinner of Breadstick Mummy Dogs and Monster Apple Mouths with the rest of us, but he did enjoy it later.
We finished off the evening by making spider cupcakes to take to preschool for his birthday treat the next day. This is going "all out" for me, but I decided to do it because it's the last year that we'll get to bring/make homemade stuff like this. I think he had a great day and I had a great day celebrating with him too.

3 comments:

Coombs Family said...

I love that you went all out. What an awesome birthday! You inspired us and we are having mummy hotdogs and apple mouths for dinner tonight. I do wish you would have posted a picture of glue face...poor guy.

Brittny said...

we are soooo bummed that we forgot to call carson on his birthday! we marked it on our huge calendar that we walk past everyday, we reminded ourselves the day before, and steve even waited all day for me to get home so that we could call together, but of course we both forgot by the time i arrived:( we feel terrible!... it looks like he had a wonderful and busy day! you are such an amazing mother for putting all of that together for him! i hope i'm that good, i'll just have to call you and amy:)... HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARSON!!! we love you!

Kameron said...

Nicole, YOU ROCK! I'm so impressed! My kids won't eat the mummy hot dogs - weird-os. I'll have to show them this picture so they'll know their cousins eat them!! I'm jealous you can bring home-made stuff to pre-school; we can't. Ridiculous. Seriously, Nicole - I'm so impressed!!