Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's ALL about AUTUMN!!

This is my favorite time of year! Thus, there will be a ridiculous amount of posts and pictures related to pumpkin patches and all sorts of fall activities. These pictures were taken last weekend and at that point we had been to 4 pumpkin patches, and I had been to Paul's (the best patch ever) twice. If you don't share my enthusiasm for the fall, I apologize for the boring posts.
We went to Plumper Pumpkin Patch for Carson's preschool fieldtrip. It wasn't the best day for the patch as it rained off and on, but the kids had a great time and were extra muddy. I found my giant pumpkin here, it's called a Prize Winner...pictures soon. :)
Preschool Class
Here we are in Canby, at Fir Point Farms for the annual Giant Pumpkin Smash. If you look at the sky behind Carson, you can tell what happened. We woke up early for a Saturday, hurried to get everyone dressed and ready, and out the door shortly after 9:00am to make it in time for the smash at 10:00. This was our 4th year attending, and they decided to try something new; drop TWO giant pumpkins from the crane. We arrived shortly before 10:00 and we're waiting and waiting as they're preparing to hoist the pumpkins in the air. Meanwhile, the weather is getting worse and worse and Holden is crying more and more. It was super windy, and the rain was completely drenching us at times. After two times of raising and lowering the pumpkins because each time they couldn't get the knot to loosen to drop the pumpkins, we decided we had to bag it. As soon as we leave to go buy some apple doughnuts we hear the car smash and the sun comes out! Unbelievable timing!

We did come back to check out the damage and Travis even found one giant seed that we're going to plant in hopes of growing our own giant pumpkin! They scoop out most of the seeds before hand because they trade them, etc.... it's serious business.


Holden pouting. This shows his mood for most of the day.


We then drove out to The Flower Farmer's Market where the kids like riding the train and climbing the big hay pyramid. It poured on us here too.

I had to post this silly picture of my toes. I went to get a birthday pedicure with 2 friends that also have October birthdays. I tried telling the lady I wanted something orange and black for Halloween, but she didn't understand me and did this. I've actually ended up really liking it and I've never had such fancy toes...too bad it's no longer sandal weather. Anyway, we had a great time and I think we'll make it a tradition.

6 comments:

Kim said...

They trade the pumpkin seeds??? WHAT THE....?!?! That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. Can't wait to see if the one you stole grows into something huge!

Coombs Family said...

Looks like you've already had a packed October. I can't wait to see your prize winner. And love the toes.

Brittny said...

you guys are all so cute! i love that you do so much for halloween! fun!... i also love the toes:)

Economic Analyst said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashlee said...

The clouds in the pic of Holden pouting (which is HILAROUS!) are amazing! Good shot! I thought of you that morning, because we really wanted to go, but it was just SOO yucky out! I'm slacking big time behind you on all the pumpkin patches! :) We need to go with you soon- to something fun and not around here. Be on the lookout!
Also, I'd love to keep the pedi tradition- but NOT there. The more I think about it, the more annoyed I get. Mine are already coming off. Come on, 2 weeks?!? Grr... and I think yours turned out cute!!!

Kameron said...

I've never seen anything like those two pumpkins!! Holy cow. And they drop them on the CAR? Yowzers. And cute toes. Ü